Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomdation for Mon - Fri worker in Dublin

Options
  • 05-11-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I currently work in county Dublin.

I'm a 2 hour drive from Dublin and I head up to work on a Monday morning and return home on Friday evening. I also head back home the odd evening during the week too.

I'm currently renting a room in a house from an owner occupier - however as I am only in Dublin a maximum of 4 nights a week - I'm thinking of packing in my room and using Airbnb.

The main benefit to me I see is - I only pay for what evenings I stay in Dublin and when I'm off on my holidays, I've no rent to pay for that week.

I'm just wondering would any other Monday to Friday workers in Dublin have any experience of using Airbnb for full time accommodation in Dublin during week - I've seen rooms available for a low as €27 per night but perhaps it is not sustainable long term.

Thanks for any views or maybe I'll just have to put up with my current room.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's unlikely to work out significantly cheaper and the lack of security will turn into a problem. You might get a cheap room on a Tuesday in November but any night there's a big event in Dublin the price can quadruple. Huge risk imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You may get a cheap deal with a regular B and B talk to the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

There's also a website get digs.ie (can't post links just google it) for exactly the type of set up your looking for. Might get a room cheaper there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

There's also a website get digs.ie (can't post links just google it) for exactly the type of set up your looking for. Might get a room cheaper there

https://www.getdigs.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 purplepatchit

Surely you shouldn't need to pay more than 27 per night for a Monday to Friday rent anyhow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

What would 27 per night include?
    If you were renting in a house, does that include free run of the house? Include all bills? Access to washing machines etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thinking of doing something similar in the new year but would only need 2 nights during the week (sleep and shower the next day really). Problem is that B&Bs seem to be in short supply in the South County Dub area and those there are are very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 purplepatchit

My friend is staying Sunday to Friday in a really nice apartment, bills included and full access to kitchen/washing machine etc but it is 170 per week so 34 per night. The OP might find Airbnb cheaper alright as some places are only 25 per night.

Advertisement