Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop wont load webpages

Options
  • 05-11-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭

I am having problems with the web browsers on my laptop. None will connect to a webpage showing the following error message:

"This site cant be reached

www.boards.ie DNS server could not be found

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

At the same time the laptop is connecting to Steam with no issues.

I have 2 connections in my house. 1 slow, 1 fast.

Fast Internet Wired: Works
    Fast Internet Wireless: Not Work
    Slow Internet Wired: Works
    Slow Internet Wireless: Works

It just seems to be loading web pages that is the problem.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Are you with Virgin Media out of interest? Had a similar strange problem where wired worked but certain sites would not resolve over wifi ages back. It was the router firewall that caused the issue for me. Try disabling your router firewall temporarily (don't leave it disabled!) and check if this resolves the error.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

yoyo wrote: »
    Are you with Virgin Media out of interest? Had a similar strange problem where wired worked but certain sites would not resolve over wifi ages back. It was the router firewall that caused the issue for me. Try disabling your router firewall temporarily (don't leave it disabled!) and check if this resolves the error.

Nick

Thanks for the reply. No its a fixed wireless provider.

Funnily enough a few month ago i had to change the DNS on my Playstation as it wouldn't let me log in using their default settings.

Ill try the firewall.

EDIT: Turning off Firewall didnt help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I seemed to have fixed it, hopefully its permanent.

I took out the disc i got with it and reinstalled and then updated and Killer network suite.

Working now, for now

Advertisement