Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Newbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Again I shopped in Lidl Newbridge this morning ( around 11h00 ) and no strawberries for the ( almost certain ) 4th week in a row. .

What's the fascination with strawberries? They are out of season and "force grown" in artificial conditions and are bland and tasteless

Little demand for the out of season tasteless berries probably means Lidl don't see them as an item to stock at present.

At the end of the day, tesco will have about 5 times the number of products than a Lidl store.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Again I shopped in Lidl Newbridge this morning ( around 11h00 ) and no strawberries for the ( almost certain ) 4th week in a row.

Perhaps You could ask Your Manageress friend to demand more stock from HQ...after all, it's just down the bottom of the town. And tell Her also that I went and got fresh Irish ( Keelings Brand ) strawberries in Tesco, and while there, noticed they had a special on Mayonaisse and I ended up buying enough for the next 6 months - another reason not to have to bother going to Lidl - Lost sales on Lidl's part.

Maybe you should just give up on Lidl - its not for everyone
    Doesn't seem to be for you

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

#firstworldproblems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Again I shopped in Lidl Newbridge this morning ( around 11h00 ) and no strawberries for the ( almost certain ) 4th week in a row.

Perhaps You could ask Your Manageress friend to demand more stock from HQ...after all, it's just down the bottom of the town. And tell Her also that I went and got fresh Irish ( Keelings Brand ) strawberries in Tesco, and while there, noticed they had a special on Mayonaisse and I ended up buying enough for the next 6 months - another reason not to have to bother going to Lidl - Lost sales on Lidl's part.

Fresh strawberries??? In November? Ah heyer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I was in there tonight and the place was much better stocked than normal. Maybe they have got the message!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

mansize wrote: »
    Fresh strawberries??? In November? Ah heyer...

Ickle polly loves her fresh strawberries with her brioche. Give me strength.

Advertisement