Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twin Rooms in Corrib Village

• 06-11-2016 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

To anyone in the twin rooms,are the rooms same-sex?
    Is your roommate sound or not?
    What are your costs of living for each month excluding accommoation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Latitude94 wrote: »
    To anyone in the twin rooms,are the rooms same-sex?
    Is your roommate sound or not?
    What are your costs of living for each month excluding accommoation?
    Twin rooms will be same sex. Impossible to say about roommate sound or not as it will vary person to person...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Latitude94

What are your costs for the month?
    Are you able to survive on the grant or do you need outside help?

What are your costs for the month?
    Are you able to survive on the grant or do you need outside help?
    Ive never lived in Corrib. Ive always lived in private accommodation. Never was on the grant either so cant help you with advice about that...

How much did you pay for food,recreation,etc.
    How much would I need coming in every month, realistically,to be able to enjoy the college experience?

How much did you pay for food,recreation,etc.
    How much would I need coming in every month, realistically,to be able to enjoy the college experience?
    When you say recreation?
    Wouldn't be able to tell you costs for food, recreation. I was maybe spending €60-70 or so a week but I rarely went home and was up in Galway most weekends.
    And enjoy college experience can be taken in a lot of directions. What exactly do you mean by that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Jesus it's a pile of questions. You'll never enjoy anything with that sort of attitude in my opinion.

Think of some of the questions you're asking, they aren't answerable.

It depends on what portion of the grand you'll get, but I'd be looking for a part time job, it's nice to have that little bit extra.

I know I just don't want to end up in the position of being stuck for cash.
    I'm probably just worrying too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

I'm spending around 200 a week, though that includes going out 3 nights a week, transport, lunches during work at the weekends, good food at home and going out for dinner once a week or so and any college supplies. You can easily get by on 50-80 though you'd be budgeting a lot. Get a job during the weekend and really enjoy college is my suggestion.

I'm spending around 200 a week, though that includes going out 3 nights a week, transport, lunches during work at the weekends, good food at home and going out for dinner once a week or so and any college supplies. You can easily get by on 50-80 though you'd be budgeting a lot. Get a job during the weekend and really enjoy college is my suggestion.

Cheers,that means I'd be sorted with 800 a month with 700 a month which is my budget.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

Cheers,that means I'd be sorted with 800 a month with 700 a month which is my budget.
    Thanks

That 200 doesn't include accommodation. I pay that with my grant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I'm not but I know two sets of people who are.
    Houses for the most part are same sex, I haven't heard of a twin room that wasn't.

In my house the two lads didn't get a long at first, one was suppose to stay with a friend but he didn't get in.. they get along ok now, they actually talk to each other.

The girls upstairs, you'd swear they're related. I was up chatting to one a few weeks ago and she heard the door open, and some walk upstairs. She literally started bouncing in her seat because she's so happy to see her. Best friends.

Neither of them knew each other before coming.

I'm happy I've a single room. I need my own space but for the most part twin rooms don't seem bad, a lot of people stay with friends in the twin rooms.

Advertisement