Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Er, Why?

Options
  • 06-11-2016 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭

I tried to get insurance with you for my mother and you gave me a quote of 3000+ for a retired book keeper on a bmw z4 2005 with less then 40k on the clock over 8 years?  She does about 1k a year at most?  really? How much lower risk can you go?   any lower mileage  would be a pedestrian?    What do you actually consider a low risk driver? 

Just wondering?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Skatedude wrote: »
    I tried to get insurance with you for my mother and you gave me a quote of 3000+ for a retired book keeper on a bmw z4 2005 with less then 40k on the clock over 8 years?  She does about 1k a year at most?  really? How much lower risk can you go?   any lower mileage  would be a pedestrian?    What do you actually consider a low risk driver? 

Just wondering?
    Hi Skatedude,
    Unfortunately we may not be competitive for some segments of the market. Its not just the drivers details or mileage that we take into consideration when determining the price to quote. We also consider the vehicle, engine size, value, its performance, the claims experience we have had for similar vehicles in the past. If you PM me the reference number for the quotation we can look into this for you.
    Thanks
    Una

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Just wondering?
    Hi Skatedude,
    Unfortunately we may not be competitive for some segments of the market. Its not just the drivers details or mileage that we take into consideration when determining the price to quote. We also consider the vehicle, engine size, value, its performance, the claims experience we have had for similar vehicles in the past. If you PM me the reference number for the quotation we can look into this for you.
    Thanks
    Una
    The number of segments of the market  in which you are competitive would seem to be shrinking at an alarming rate , judging by most of the recent posts on this forum.  Can you explain why.  Would "Greed" be the main reason?.

Riva10 wrote: »

Just wondering?
    Hi Skatedude,
    Thanks
    Una
    The number of segments of the market  in which you are competitive would seem to be shrinking at an alarming rate , judging by most of the recent posts on this forum.  Can you explain why.  Would "Greed" be the main reason?.
    Hi Riva10,
    Our rates of insurance do change based on regular analysis of the claims experience and market factors of similar types of risk. What is competitive for one customer may not be competitive for another.
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

But seriously, A 64 year old lady, retired book keeper living beside the botanic gardens in glasnevin with a very low millage 05 bmw z4 which she has owned for over 8 years and only does a few K miles a year. Full licence for over 40 years with no claims, no points and max no claims bonus The car is kept behind gates at her house and  covered by cctv.  The car even has a tracker alarm fitted.

What possible high risk category does she fall under?  

No reference number as i inquired by phone and there was no point in asking for it for that price.

But seriously, A 64 year old lady, retired book keeper living beside the botanic gardens in glasnevin with a very low millage 05 bmw z4 which she has owned for over 8 years and only does a few K miles a year. Full licence for over 40 years with no claims, no points and max no claims bonus The car is kept behind gates at her house and  covered by cctv.  The car even has a tracker alarm fitted.

What possible high risk category does she fall under?  

No reference number as i inquired by phone and there was no point in asking for it for that price.
    Hi Skatedude,
    If you PM me your mums details and I can search for the quote to look at the specific rating factors.
    Thanks
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Skatedude, even if you send the requested information, you will probably not receive a new quotation until after the renewal date. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Riva10 wrote: »
    Skatedude, even if you send the requested information, you will probably not receive a new quotation until after the renewal date. 
    Oh the renewal is gone a month ago, went with axa for 1800 for her in the end. still silly money, but almost half of what liberty wanted. 

But it would be so incredibly helpful and so useful to know roughly why the quote is so high for no obvious reason. Maybe it's something the customer could fix? maybe the customer could clarify a possible misunderstanding? 

Advertisement