Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Recommendations

Options
  • 06-11-2016 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Guys,
    The girlfriend and myself are heading to New York next weekend (looking to be around the buzz for the mcgregor weekend).
    We have been a good few times before, so have seen most of the main attractions, but are still looking to tick some remaining boxes such as ellis island.
    Every time I go to New York though I find myself eat just really poor food, getting caught out by tourist trap restaurants etc.. and to be fair this is for the most part because I dont do my research and prepare well in advance.
    Can people recommend any good nights out in New York, maybe some good bars and restaurants that wont brake the bank.
    We are going to a Knicks game on the Wednesday night, so especially anything around that area would be great.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Op check out harleys smokeshack in harlem. We took a cab there and back as it's a bit out of the way. Food is amazing and there is lots of it! Staff are really friendly and helpful. We have been twice and recommend it to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

any nightclub/pub recommendations for new york?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 belgrade

If you're on a budget Rudys near time square is worth a visit, free hot dogs and cheap beer (for nyc anyway). It's a fun crowd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

unplayable wrote: »
    any nightclub/pub recommendations for new york?

Wouldnt bother with the nightclubs. Have been to a lot of them and between bottle service and expensive beers it really is not worth it for the primary reason most bars close at 4am.

Find yourself a good dive bar and forget the whole oirish scene.

Advertisement