Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 bulbs blown in a week

Options
  • 06-11-2016 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

We moved into our house roughly 6 months ago, over the 1st 5 months, 2 bulbs blew, 1 replaced one with an energy saver and hasn't blown since (I was to lazy to change the other bulb), in the last week, 9 other bulbs have blown, all downstairs, 5 of which were outside, 2 on a single unit (chandelier kinda thing) and the rest were standard. The bulb we have replaced early on is still ok.
    Is this down to dodgy bulbs or could it be something deeper down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

What kind of bulbs are blowing? Ordinary filament bulbs may blow very regularly if the voltage is higher than normal in your house. Might be worth checking what voltage you are getting with a digital meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,590 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had the same thing with spotlight bulbs in the kitchen, changed them for leds and no more problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Delta Lima wrote: »
    What kind of bulbs are blowing? Ordinary filament bulbs may blow very regularly if the voltage is higher than normal in your house. Might be worth checking what voltage you are getting with a digital meter.

Standard bulbs (the old kind), one of the replacement bulbs (low energy) just went.
    How do I go about testing the voltage, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

I'm sorry, but if you have to ask that, you might be better asking somebody 'competent' , such as an electrician to check things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

was getting numerous blown burnt out bulbs (incandescents) swapped to LED, not 1 burn out since :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 stoneyxox

Came across a problem like this in Australia when I was there. I tested the voltage and found that 255 volts was coming into apartment 💡💡💡

Advertisement