Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-Time Jobs For Student

Options
  • 06-11-2016 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I am currently studying Electronics Engineering (mature student) and was wondering how I can find a part-time job (preferably weekends, and maybe Fridays afternoon/evening). My preference is actually a job related to anything Engineering.

I obtained a Level 6 qualification in Computer Engineering in 2001, and I am currently doing a Level 8 degree in Electronics Engineering.

I have been trying recruitireland.com and jobs.ie without any luck.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Elai147 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently studying Electronics Engineering (mature student) and was wondering how I can find a part-time job (preferably weekends, and maybe Fridays afternoon/evening). My preference is actually a job related to anything Engineering.

I obtained a Level 6 qualification in Computer Engineering in 2001, and I am currently doing a Level 8 degree in Electronics Engineering.

I have been trying recruitireland.com and jobs.ie without any luck.

Thanks.

If you are looking for part time work for hours like that then realistically you are looking at retail or restaurant type work. Nearest you may get to your chosen field may be working in an electronics store.

There is no substitute for getting out and about and handing in CVs.

Dundrum shopping centre for example has a central location where all the jobs are advertised and you can leave in a CV to a central point.

My own kids have all got part time jobs over the years by simply going around and handing in CV's. All minimum wage stuff but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Elai147

Thanks a lot Seaswimmer. I will try to move around and hand in my CV.

Advertisement