Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very bad trouble going on in area

Options
  • 06-11-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25 RamboRage

First of all if this is posted in the wrong section I apologize, feel free to move it to where it needs to be. Anyway we've been having lots of anti social behavior in the past year from some people in Tallaght, we currently have a few separate charges going against a few of them for criminal damage

With that said things are only getting worse, all the windows on my car just got smashed in and the garda couldn't prove who it was even though we know who it was, then most recently we had a petrol bomb thrown at the house. So the garda put together a report to give to the council to let them know our lives are in danger, had to get rid of my car for now and quit my part time job because of the trouble so our objective was to get the local council (SDCC) to move us to the other side of Dublin so we can get our lives back to normal.

However the council are saying that they can only house us within the SDCC area which is basically tallaght, clondalkin, lucan. Which would still keep us in danger, it wouldnt take long for anybody to find out where we live and continue the harassment. I came up with the idea to move onto a different council such as the Dun Leary/Rathdown or the Dublin city council seeing as we would be located very far from all the trouble.

Now the council are saying its impossible to move from council to council. The next option was the HAP scheme which also wont work because SDCC are the only council who cover it apparently. I think if you are homeless the other councils can cover it too but surrendering our home and being in hostels for a few weeks till we find a place isnt an option.

Would anybody have any advice on how we can completely move to the other side of Dublin? I heard there is other ways to rent privately such as the rent supplement or something but was kind of misguided on that seeing as everyone has different information to give on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

RossieMan wrote: »
    Rent your own house somewhere away from trouble. Trouble doesn't come looking for you by the way, you create it.

That is complete and utter bullsh1t. I live in a council estate in Tallaght. Some of the people around here are animals. All it takes is for you to be seen as a soft touch and you are a target.

A Polish guy around the corner got fed up being broken into at night so he waited up for a few nights. Sure enough someone broke in, and he stabbed the intruder. He was arrested, and by the time he got back from the garda station, his entire apartment was destroyed.

I have had to go out and dish out a few hidings myself, and even then I had to resort to using nephews who personally knew these knackers to put a stop to the messing.

To the OP, Clondalkin/Lucan/Tallaght are completely different areas. You don't have to move to the other side of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

RossieMan wrote: »
    Trouble doesn't come looking for you by the way, you create it.

So very naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RamboRage

pablo128 wrote: »
    That is complete and utter bullsh1t. I live in a council estate in Tallaght. Some of the people around here are animals. All it takes is for you to be seen as a soft touch and you are a target.

A Polish guy around the corner got fed up being broken into at night so he waited up for a few nights. Sure enough someone broke in, and he stabbed the intruder. He was arrested, and by the time he got back from the garda station, his entire apartment was destroyed.

I have had to go out and dish out a few hidings myself, and even then I had to resort to using nephews who personally knew these knackers to put a stop to the messing.

To the OP, Clondalkin/Lucan/Tallaght are completely different areas. You don't have to move to the other side of Dublin.
    Exactly, sure my regular delivery men are absolutely terrified to come down to my area due to being assaulted and having stuff stolen from their car. Also I was considering lucan but I was told by a few people that some of the local scumbags do be hanging around in clondalkin and lucan.

Wouldn't take long for one of their mates to spot me out. I don't mind standing up to them but its all a waste of my time in my opinion because then they wont bother putting it up to you. Instead they'll be sly and damage your car or your house like they already have been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

How did this all kick off op? What about CCTV? It would be the fastest option. Councils are up there eyes at the minute and you would be way down the list of priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've been through this sort of thing myself. GTFO by whatever means possible. I know this is what you're trying to do but when you're inside the chaos it becomes somewhat normalised and its difficult to see the risks.

Scumbags are incredibly territorial. You probably don't have to move very far. If you can get out quicker, stay within the same council area.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    I've been through this sort of thing myself. GTFO by whatever means possible. I know this is what you're trying to do but when you're inside the chaos it becomes somewhat normalised and its difficult to see the risks.

Scumbags are incredibly territorial. You probably don't have to move very far. If you can get out quicker, stay within the same council area.

That's actually very true, we've been use to it for years, its only up until a petrol bomb hit the house we actually got abit of a wake up call, tbh I don't mind going to where ever is possible, my parents are the ones who kind of get abit fussy seeing as they've been living in bad areas for years.

macnug wrote: »
    How did this all kick off op? What about CCTV? It would be the fastest option. Councils are up there eyes at the minute and you would be way down the list of priorities.

We have some CCTV but I still wouldn't tempt to keep my car in my front garden. Sure I cant even drive my car in and out of my area without something happening to it sadly. And I'm sure if my families lives are in danger we would be a high enough priority surely? The council told us even if we were to get a swap it would take over 11 weeks because they have to clean it up or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Omy

Very unusual that a crime scene which would have been guarded by AGS gets destroyed!

Omy wrote: »
    Very unusual that a crime scene which would have been guarded by AGS gets destroyed!

Well it wasn't guarded. Tallaght Garda station would be fairly busy. They can't post guards at the scene of every crime.

I saw the apartment later that day. There was an 8 foot stake sticking out of the sitting room window, and you could see the place was smashed to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

RamboRage wrote:
    We have some CCTV but I still wouldn't tempt to keep my car in my front garden. Sure I cant even drive my car in and out of my area without something happening to it sadly. And I'm sure if my families lives are in danger we would be a high enough priority surely? The council told us even if we were to get a swap it would take over 11 weeks because they have to clean it up or something.

Yea but the problem is everybody says their lives are in danger. Its the number one excuse to get a transfer. Best thing to do is hound them and provide garda reports to confirm you actually are in danger. I wouldn't write off clondalkin or Lucan either, your assuming they have friends there but not necessarily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

We do not tolerate attacking the posters in this forum. The reasons for someone being in receipt of welfare payment to help with their rent is not the topic for this thread. If you have no practical advice to offer the OP then do not post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

macnug wrote: »
    Yea but the problem is everybody says their lives are in danger. Its the number one excuse to get a transfer. Best thing to do is hound them and provide garda reports to confirm you actually are in danger. I wouldn't write off clondalkin or Lucan either, your assuming they have friends there but not necessarily.

So the garda put together a report to give to the council to let them know our lives are in danger, had to get rid of my car for now and quit my part time job because of the trouble so our objective was to get the local council (SDCC) to move us to the other side of Dublin so we can get our lives back to normal.

FYI

I do not think that anyone here really knows the exact circumstances nor is really in the position of judging why OP depends on welfare.

Well it wasn't guarded. Tallaght Garda station would be fairly busy. They can't post guards at the scene of every crime.

I saw the apartment later that day. There was an 8 foot stake sticking out of the sitting room window, and you could see the place was smashed to bits.

So busy that they would not preserve the scene of a stabbing would make any prosecution nearly impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

People are very naive here. The reality is that these scumbags control the area and bully people who dare to stand up for them. There's too many of them to take on, as the area is too vast.

Who would want to live like that unless they had a choice.

I'm normally someone who says pay your own way or take what you are given, however, in this instance the OP and his family (and other neighbours) are being terrorised and cast adrift because the council should be turfing out skangers and ordinary residents should not be left living in fear.

council housing is available for those in society who for one reason or another can't afford private rental and its people like op deserve help, rather than SF media whores who want a free house and a free education in Trinity.

Sadly, the Gardai have neither the resources or the power to control these scumbags completely - these kind of skangers with a load of previous convictions roaming about like they own the place.

My advice to you OP is to go to one of your local Councillors and ask them to take on your case with the Council.

Agree you could go to certain areas in Clondalkin or Lucan- some are fine (small estates preferably) just be careful as some are as bad as where you are.

You have my sympathy OP, get your qualifications and get the hell out of dodge.

Look after your family.

I really hate relying on state benefits and help from councils and all but right now I'm finishing my degree so I'm kinda stuck on the dole until I graduate next year, hopefully then I can actually start full time work and afford a decent enough area. Also contacted a few councillors from SF and FF but they ignored us or gave us excuses. In fact two SF councillors actually treated us very poorly, one of them even taking the sides of a few of the scumbags. I was going to report her but it wouldn't really give me any gain. Anyway I contacted the mayor from the local council and he even said there is very little he can do for us. Then I contacted one of the housing directors and even recommended the idea of us being moved to a different council, again. No luck. All he said was that he is investigating the issue which was weeks ago.

Omy wrote: »
    So busy that they would not preserve the scene of a stabbing would make any prosecution nearly impossible.

There were no guards posted there, and the place got smashed up by the burglars mates. What more do you want me to say? Unless you think I'm lying???

There were no guards posted there, and the place got smashed up by the burglars mates. What more do you want me to say? Unless you think I'm lying???

Read my post again I did not say you lied in fact it is a criticism of AGS as there was two serious events 1 a break and entry and 2 a stabbing, then that scene gets trashed which should not have happened no wonder things are out of hand.

• Can i ask what areas in tallaght are considered bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Can i ask what areas in tallaght are considered bad?

I was working as a dominos driver years ago in tallaght so i know whats good and bad. jobstown killinarden fettercairn all are rough areas. There are plenty of really good people living there but also lots of not so good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Can i ask what areas in tallaght are considered bad?

Tallaght is in general a great area, bad individuals and families are everywhere in estates over Dublin. and the rest. To the op, hope it works out for you mate,
    You should be able to get a transfer? I know a lady who got transferred "from a certain area in tallaght to the Blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note: Keep it civil. No need to be insulting.

Last warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

Would you consider moving out to Kildare or Wicklow you might have a better chance of something out there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Maybe it's time to stand up against the scumbags in these areas. What are politicians like that Paul Murphy doing about it? Or does he just like going up against the establishment?

Personally I'm getting sick and tired of the destruction these scrouts cause, the council houses they get for massively subsidised rent are ruined, public areas littered with old couches etc, and the want to be like an extra from Love/Hate rather than hard working person. Huge resources are given to these areas in regards to community groups, resources etc and if you believe its not enough then maybe question how much is squandered by people who just want to live a life on the dole and supplement income with proceeds of crime.

Obviously not everyone in these areas are like this, and somebody should stand up for those who do work hard and care about the area. But unfortunately in this time of political correctness nothing will be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Hap or rent allowance is avaidable all over ireland ,
    As long as rent is under the agreed rate,
    https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Maximum-Rent-Limits-by-County.aspx
    theres a scheme where the council rents a house for a year or more ,
    The landlord gets a gauranteed rent ,the council picks the tenant .
    or rent allowance where its up to you to get a flat or house and find a
    landlord to take rent allowance .
    I think its naive to think i can get a transfer and solve everything,
    transfer could take 3 months or more ,
    meanwhile you,ll get hassle ,and its likely to continue or get worse ,
    Once a gang or a few scumbags take against you ,
    they,ll continue to harass you and it,ll probably get worse .
    unless you have friends in the area ,backup ,you will end up leaving.
    I was living in area x.lived in no 7.
    average area ,sort of working class ,private estate .
    this womans son Age 15 did something bad, non national .
    the gardai came at 6pm, took the whole family away .
    they were getting threatened .
    single mother ,3 kids .
    at 2am that night the whole house ,went up in flames .
    house was empty .
    house was gutted ,
    Only for the fire brigade got there the neighbours house could have been damaged .
    the landlord was insured ,got everything fixed ,
    he now only takes tenants with one child to be on the safe side .
    The gardai don,t really have the resource to gaurd every one getting hassle
    24/7 never mind an empty house .
    this woman left very quickly so most of her possessions were destroyed .
    she left at 6pm. within 8 hours that house was on fire .
    i was woken at 2.,3opm by the sound of flames burning wood ,
    and the fire brigade .
    The landord did not know anything bad was going on,
    this womans kids were involved in petty crime, robbing,
    until they went to far and committed a crime .
    The landlord was abit more careful re tenant selection ,
    eg he takes single mothers with 1 child on rent allowance ,
    no more tenants with 3 kids .
    he made all the repairs and he had no trouble
    in the last 5 years, .
    No one blamed him, but believe me its not
    nice to wake up and find a house thats 20 yards from you in
    up in flames .at 2.30 at night .
    I think you ,d be better going to a welfare officer and saying
    you need emergency accomodation ,in a hotel,etc,
    rather than hanging around .
    Waiting for things to escalate ,unless you want to get into
    some type of gang warfare ,which would be futile on
    less you intend to take on all the local scumbags .
    The whole area ,knew everything that happened and
    what her child did so i presumed they moved a few miles away at least ,at least
    5miles away ,i presume .
    It,s optimistic to think ah sure i,ll wait for a month here ,
    hold on, and hope i don,t get hurt or attacked or maybe the
    house could be in danger of fire or vandalism at any time .
    The council get complaints from people every day ,
    re ant social behavior etc but the council takes weeks to do anything
    and they prioritise people with 3 kids or people with various medical issues .in regard to tranfers .
    and some people pretend to be in danger in order to get a quick transfer .

I live in a working class area ,
    most people i meet are fine, i never get hassle,most people are working,
    or retired, or on a pension ,
    i don,t use drugs or drink or hang around with certain people ,
    but every area has x per cent of low lifes, gougers, drug addicts , aimless moronic teens looking for trouble who may think its good crack to hassle someone who they perceive as
    weak or vunerable ,or maybe you just have few friends/relations in the area ,
    Don,t go to pubs, may be viewed as a snob.

Not sure where abouts in lucan they have but I will find out also we've contacted loads of TD's and secretaries of TD's but no luck in any of them contacting us back with the interest of getting us out. I also believe that paul murphy was notified about the situation but we haven't heard anything from him, we actually contacted one of his AA Councillors but didn't hear back even though we left them voicemails. I think one of us will have to be shot to actually taken seriously. Earlier on another incident happened where I was nearly attacked in my garden. Garda basically asked can we all get along lol. Again next time I will go the local council it will be when I have bullet holes in me.

edit I'm going to try the rent supplement thing because HAP is only covered in a few areas according to them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Go to threshold or crosscare advice centre,
    crosscare is partly run by the dublin city council.
    Ask For advice, say you are living in a hotel, from there you can apply for rent allowance from any area from any landlord that take rent allowance clients .
    threshold or crosscare publish at 11am daily list of rent allowance flats house,s in
    dublin.http://www.threshold.ie/advice/
    Maybe You get a transfer in 2 months, i dont know,
    are you sure its safe to stay where you are for 2 month s .
    And put your family at risk.
    rte documentary on tv last year,RE anti social behavior, the victim had to record video,s to
    prove to council they were in danger or getting hassled in a serious way .

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Maybe it's time to stand up against the scumbags in these areas. What are politicians like that Paul Murphy doing about it? Or does he just like going up against the establishment?

Personally I'm getting sick and tired of the destruction these scrouts cause, the council houses they get for massively subsidised rent are ruined, public areas littered with old couches etc, and the want to be like an extra from Love/Hate rather than hard working person. Huge resources are given to these areas in regards to community groups, resources etc and if you believe its not enough then maybe question how much is squandered by people who just want to live a life on the dole and supplement income with proceeds of crime.

Obviously not everyone in these areas are like this, and somebody should stand up for those who do work hard and care about the area. But unfortunately in this time of political correctness nothing will be done.

There wouldn't be anything you or me or anyone else could do, certain mentalities will always be there. You should see some council area's in northern UK, literally wild.

At least over here there are just pockets of areas.
    I meant nothing you could do but by lowering yourself to taking them on, which is pointless because it normally doesn't stop. They don't give 2 f**ks about being locked up so they see that as an upper hand.

Sometimes you gotta move..

• Advertisement

Cheers for all the help guys its really appreciated. I would stand up to them more and accept their offers to 'come out and fight' but these are the sort of people that would call the garda straight away if a fight didn't go the way they wanted to. Not gonna get myself a criminal record it'd have too much of an effect on my career if I got one. Also I might tell them that me and my family are in a hotel but wouldn't they want proof? We could go on HAP if we declared ourselves homeless too but we'd have to actually have to hand over the house before declaring homeless? Not sure but it'd be a big risk because we wouldn't have anywhere to stay while waiting for a private place.

Advertisement