Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very bad trouble going on in area

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

RamboRage wrote: »
    Cheers for all the help guys its really appreciated. I would stand up to them more and accept their offers to 'come out and fight' but these are the sort of people that would call the garda straight away if a fight didn't go the way they wanted to. Not gonna get myself a criminal record it'd have too much of an effect on my career if I got one. Also I might tell them that me and my family are in a hotel but wouldn't they want proof? We could go on HAP if we declared ourselves homeless too but we'd have to actually have to hand over the house before declaring homeless? Not sure but it'd be a big risk because we wouldn't have anywhere to stay while waiting for a private place.

It would be a lot of risk to lie about your circumstances, if they found you to be lying....

I would imagine Lucan would be far enough from Tallaght for the short term anyway, worth trying rather than staying in a hotel. You can still explore the other options if you still don't feel safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The way you do it is to move out ,remove all your belongings from the house,
    go to the council and say its, simply not safe to live there .give em back the keys ,you can apply for hap ,but meanwhile go to the local welfare officer ,get advice , go to crosscare, threshold get advice .
    Before you do anything.
    get your stuff ready.
    do not leave any letters or documents in the house, bills , bank statements
    etc no paper at all .
    OF Course by giving back the house you may go further down the housing list .
    i know someone who had to do this .
    Once you give back the keys the house is not your responsibility .
    it,s up to the welfare officer to provide you with emergency accomodation ,
    proabably. a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I don,t think you,d get a way with saying i,m staying in a hotel,
    if you are not ,
    you have to remove your belongings, lock the doors,
    close the window blinds, curtains .
    Give the keys to the council .
    is there family ,friends you can leave your stuff with .
    One example ,my friend has a daughter ,
    most of her stuff is in her dads home.
    She lives in a hotel,
    she was told it,ll take 2 years to get a council flat.
    you can email and phone up threshold,
    They deal with situations like this quite often .If there,s anything left in
    your house ,tables ,chairs,clothes it,ll be sent to
    recycling or put in a skip.
    house will be boarded up,
    until its ready to be re let to a new tenant.
    You,ll need an adress to apply for hap.
    eg a hotel .in this case lying is the worst thing you can do.
    you are looking for help ,
    you need to be honest .
    you,ll need to give back the house, declare yourself homeless .
    but get detailed advice as to how to do this from threshold
    or some other housing charity .
    Your hotel will be your postal adress ,
    eg joe bloggs, room 27 , Glenmor hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RamboRage

We contacted crosscare and also our housing manager and they are both going to work with the council. The crosscare guy was very nice and even told us under this special situation we are most likely going to be entitled to the homeless HAP without having to be in a hotel. Not to mention that we are on disability and it is affecting our mental health, bit of paperwork to be done with the doctor too but hopefully it'll be worth the extra wait. We have most of our stuff packed up too, only stuff that would take awhile to move would be the big stuff, TV's and all that. This is what is kind of putting me off going to a hotel. I doubt there's any hotel that would have the space to hold all of our belongings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RamboRage

davindub wrote: »
    It would be a lot of risk to lie about your circumstances, if they found you to be lying....

I would imagine Lucan would be far enough from Tallaght for the short term anyway, worth trying rather than staying in a hotel. You can still explore the other options if you still don't feel safe.

Yea true, if everything else fails we'll most likely go for a council place in lucan. Is lucan a safe enough area though? I heard some people say its getting very bad for anti social behavior and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

RamboRage wrote: »
    Yea true, if everything else fails we'll most likely go for a council place in lucan. Is lucan a safe enough area though? I heard some people say its getting very bad for anti social behavior and all that.

Its safe enough man, good mix of people <mod snip>. I was working out there 3 times this year, it was great to see the different race's of kids playing together. Lucan is cool. I wouldn't worry about it!
    Arthur Griffith park, is like an old folks area now. nothing against that estate anyway!, we used to have scraps with the boys from there years ago :) all quite now.

Advertisement