Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirsport NZ IRL match

Options
  • 06-11-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

How do I go about making a complaint about the eir website's complete meltdown yesterday when the Ireland NZ rugby match was on?

I just read the press release that says a "very small number" of customers were affected - everyone I talked to was affected so I'd like to add my name to the stats so you've a better idea of what a complete disaster it was.

I called on the phone, technical support said huge numbers were affected but they can only make a note on my account and not a complaint. The number they directed me to provided no option to make a complaint....

Given that my bill is now more than it used to be, justified by access to this service, a press release making small the issue does not give confidence that eir are interested in or capable of providing the service at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

I'm with you . The only reason I have any interest in Eirsport is for the rugby. Settled down to watch and no way could I access game. Paying Eir extra for sport, they say it's free (my arse) and then a total fiasco.
    Had to pirate the game. Eir you are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Same here, they force you to get a service and one I want to use it it doesn't work...

What's eir doing about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dpaulod

Same here unable to log into account. It is a load of crap. Don't want this free service want my 10 euros back.

What are eir going to do about this ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately we did experience issues with the eir Sport service on Saturday. I can understand how frustrating this must have been & sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. You can read more on this here service updates[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If anyone is experiencing issues accessing the service please do let me know. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately we did experience issues with the eir Sport service on Saturday. I can understand how frustrating this must have been & sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. You can read more on this here service updates[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If anyone is experiencing issues accessing the service please do let me know. [/font]

Thanks Pamela, thank link is about issues with Sky boxes though. I don't have a sky box, I was attempting to access the service through the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dpaulod

Thanks Pamela, thank link is about issues with Sky boxes though. I don't have a sky box, I was attempting to access the service through the website.
    Same here 

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

Hi Eir:Pamela,

The press release is incorrect, or at least incomplete. I was a web user, trying to stream from the Eir sports site. The service was completely unavailable for me, and the support number I rang could give me no advice other than 'keep trying to log in'. 

Are Eir going to advertise for services they cannot provide ? The fact that Eir was streaming the Irl vs NZ match was heavily advertised online, yet was not actually streamed ! 

Hi Pamela

As others have said, this has nothing to do with Sky boxes, this is lack of web access.
    The fact that you don't seem to be aware of this is even more worrying and doesn't bode well for accessing the next match.

You are charging us for a service which was not available, not good enough!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies my mistake, there also was an issue that affected the app & streaming this service via the website. This has now been resolved & should be working for you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies my mistake, there also was an issue that affected the app & streaming this service via the website. This has now been resolved & should be working for you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. [/font]

It's working now, but, will it work when the pressure comes on again?

• Advertisement

I can answer that question, it didnt. Stream crashed during UFC 205 on Saturday. 

hurpederp wrote: »

I can answer that question, it didnt. Stream crashed during UFC 205 on Saturday. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hurpederp,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The online steam did have issues for a brief period but this issue was resolved very quickly & service resumed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

Surprise! surprise!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The online steam did have issues for a brief period but this issue was resolved very quickly & service resumed.[/font]

It was not a brief period - I could not log in for an hour once the main event had started. Or is a full hour of service interruption considered brief ?  Eir heavily advertised two sporting events, the rugby match and UFC 205 and neither were delivered in full. The online app is terrible, the fact that it uses browser cookies to identify users is incredibly lazy and results in a horrible customer experience. 

With regard to the device swaps, your website says, '[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]You can register up to 2 devices (e.g. smartphone and tablet), with one device swap allowed per calendar month.' [/font]

Thats not actually true though, you can only register two persistent cookies - clearing your cookies will use up another device slot. This should be communicated clearly in the online guides to Eir sport. 

It was not a brief period - I could not log in for an hour once the main event had started. Or is a full hour of service interruption considered brief ?  Eir heavily advertised two sporting events, the rugby match and UFC 205 and neither were delivered in full. The online app is terrible, the fact that it uses browser cookies to identify users is incredibly lazy and results in a horrible customer experience. 

With regard to the device swaps, your website says, '[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]You can register up to 2 devices (e.g. smartphone and tablet), with one device swap allowed per calendar month.' [/font]

Thats not actually true though, you can only register two persistent cookies - clearing your cookies will use up another device slot. This should be communicated clearly in the online guides to Eir sport. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hurpederp,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting the technical team if you experience issues in future & they will be able to assist in getting you logged back in.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem, I'll pass this feedback.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

So that might explain the number of complaints about a new device being seen at every log in? .......  if people have set their privacy/security to delete cookies on exit.

So that might explain the number of complaints about a new device being seen at every log in? .......  if people have set their privacy/security to delete cookies on exit.
    Yes, the system is terrible and makes no sense.  Eir track the logins with cookies, rather than MAC addresses or some other sensible alternative. So if I log in with my PC, and subsequently change user profile, browser, or delete cookies, Eir Sport will say I am on a 'New Device'. Nowhere on the Eir Sport does it say that this is how they track your devices. I have given up expecting Eir to be any bit organised, professional or helpful, and so it seems the sports app is the same. 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yes, the system is terrible and makes no sense.  Eir track the logins with cookies, rather than MAC addresses or some other sensible alternative. So if I log in with my PC, and subsequently change user profile, browser, or delete cookies, Eir Sport will say I am on a 'New Device'. Nowhere on the Eir Sport does it say that this is how they track your devices. I have given up expecting Eir to be any bit organised, professional or helpful, and so it seems the sports app is the same. 
    No wonder I found it impossible to set up some arrangement to view the channels without hitting the devices and swap limits!  Everything I tried used up one device or swap!

All I can say is that eir are driving 'entitled' customers to use dodgy streams to view content they should be easily able to get from eir.

eir ....  advertising revenue lost!

Advertisement