Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Mortgage into both our names

Options
  • 06-11-2016 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I wonder can anyone help me. My boyfriend and I are looking to buy a house together. He has been approved twice by the bank for a mortgage on his own but this last time we applied together. As I am freelance it's causing all types of problems with the bank as you can imagine. We don't want to take any more than he was approved for by himself so I'm wondering if there's any way he can apply for the loan in his name and then we get it transferred into both our names after as we will both be making the repayments?? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

I wouldn't go back to the bank that you made the joint application with anyway. They'll guess what you're trying to do. Do you have a child together? If not, then arguably you have no real ties to each other so I'd go for it.

However, if the deposit is made up of money that you've both contributed, then you'll have problems. The bank will want to know where all of it came from and will probably come to the conclusion that you (understandably) expect to have a vested interest in the property.
    Also if you have joint account, it will be another problem.

Advertisement