Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult rugby clubs for people with no experience in Limerick City

• 06-11-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

26 year old guy here. Moved to Limerick in the last year for work, fairly well settled in now with work and people I live with. Looking to make a few new friends and get more active.

I've always liked rugby but never had the opportunity to play at home (out in the shticks where GAA is king and no rugby). I'd love to join a team and give it a go but I'm not sure where to start or even if any club would look at a 26 year old with no experience.

FWIW I live and work in the Castletroy area.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

UL Bohs are based out in Annacotty and they would be your nearest club.

Though any club is always looking for new members for their third/social team.

Just say you've never played before and they'll help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

Richmond only up the road from Castletroy
    http://www.healthytowns.ie/club/richmond-rfc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Mike Coffey with the UL BOHs thirds team will sort you out. Plenty of lads on that team that didnt play before last season. They train Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-8:30. Sounds lads. If you want Mikes number drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

Tefral wrote:
    Mike Coffey with the UL BOHs thirds team will sort you out. Plenty of lads on that team that didnt play before last season. They train Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-8:30. Sounds lads. If you want Mikes number drop me a PM

sorry I don't use boards much so forgot to get back to you, if I could get a number that'd be great

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

Old Crescent always looking for players, great club and well run. Should get in contact

• Advertisement
Advertisement