Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205: Alvarez v McGregor (Event Discussion) - FAQ's in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

McGregor via Submission
    People seem to just decide they aren't going to make weight weight and not cut the rest. They need varying penalties. 20% blanket fine is pointless if there is no difference between 1 pound and 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Eddie, although shorter, defo looks like he had to cut more... I imagine he'll be the heavier mN tomorrow. McGregor looks way healthier than the 145 cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

.ak wrote: »
    Eddie, although shorter, defo looks like he had to cut more... I imagine he'll be the heavier mN tomorrow. McGregor looks way healthier than the 145 cut.

Absolutely. Shows the difference in that extra 10lbs

McGregor via Submission
    Cowboy vs Gastelum cancelled, Gastelum missed weight by 10 pounds. F*ck sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cowboy vs Gastelum cancelled, Gastelum missed weight by 10 pounds. F*ck sake

I'm watching live and he hasn't weighed in yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

What a stupid way to lose a fight from a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

McGregor via Decision
    get robbie lawler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

McGregor via Decision
    Absolute waster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

Any else watching the weigh ins?

After Conor weighed in, he was rehydrating in beside a UFC buffet table to the side of the scales. Tyrone Woodley came back out to get something, said hello to Conor and there was a tense moment. Conor seemed to say something to him while staring him down. John Kavanagh was just smiling but it was unexpected.

Tyrone would give Conor an unmerciful beating. Surely Conor knows that too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor via Decision
    Fat ****. Was really looking forward to that fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

McGregor via Decision
    peteeeed wrote: »
    get robbie lawler

Imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ah that's a pile of balls. Was really looking forward to seeing Cerrone fight. He must be pretty disappointed himself.

Totally unprofessional from Gastelum. Unforgivable. 10lbs? Jesus Christ.

Dana is about to make a much easier cut, of Gasttelum. Surely he is gone now?

If Kelvin had weighed in first, Cowboy could have rehydrated and the fight would have continued.

Also it seems that the Alves fight might be off.

Dana is about to make a much easier cut, of Gasttelum. Surely he is gone now?

If Kelvin had weighed in first, Cowboy could have rehydrated and the fight would have continued.

Also it seems that the Alves fight might be off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Kelvin should have weighed in first and let cowboy go eat.

McGregor via Submission
    So stupid, especially with the Jim Miller Alves situation. If he had informed Cowboy, he couldn have stopped his cut so there was only 5 pounds between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor via Decision
    In fairness it will be a shorter main card now so hopefully the main event is on before 5:30am now

So stupid, especially with the Jim Miller Alves situation. If he had informed Cowboy, he couldn have stopped his cut so there was only 5 pounds between them.

Just listening to Ariel, someone was explaining that the differnce of 5lbs can't be between the fighters. The 5lbs has to be between the fighter and the initial weight they are trying to make.

McGregor via Submission
    Gutted for Cowboy!

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Just listening to Ariel, someone was explaining that the differnce of 5lbs can't be between the fighters. The 5lbs has to be between the fighter and the initial weight they are trying to make.

But Alves was 6.6 over 155 and his fight with Miller is going ahead? Miller had to weigh in at 157 for it to be sanctioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor via Decision
    Cowboy ain't a huge 170. That kind of jiggery pokery to try to keep a fight intact is daft. Should never be allowed as it's just flat out not safe.

McGregor promised us abs when he dropped weight! I'm convinced Eddie is getting knocked out but he looks in great shape. His upper body is absolutely huge. You can see the wrestler's lats in him alright.

McGregor via Submission
    Cowboy ain't a huge 170. That kind of jiggery pokery to try to keep a fight intact is daft. Should never be allowed as it's just flat out not safe.

McGregor promised us abs when he dropped weight! I'm convinced Eddie is getting knocked out but he looks in great shape. His upper body is absolutely huge. You can see the wrestler's lats in him alright.

Conor will never have abs again, that tiger ate them

But Alves was 6.6 over 155 and his fight with Miller is going ahead? Miller had to weigh in at 157 for it to be sanctioned.

What was being explained to Ariel, which may not be true as there was some confusion, was that Millers weight was irrelevant. Alves would have to be 5lbs or closer to 155.

They were seeking clarity on the rules, but the suggestion was that Alves could't be 5lbs more than the scheduled 155lbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

McGregor via Decision
    Pathetic from Gastelum. No respect at all when he's missing weight that frequently.

Shame for Cowboy, he's always fun to watch fight. I heard Jacare is cutting weight as a back-up plan at MW... I wonder are any others doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

McGregor via Submission
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    Pathetic from Gastelum. No respect at all when he's missing weight that frequently.

Shame for Cowboy, he's always fun to watch fight. I heard Jacare is cutting weight as a back-up plan at MW... I wonder are any others doing the same?

Kennedy has to cut down to 185 to get his show money.

Jacare was there just in case Weidman or Romero pulled out.

Too late I think for a Cowboy replacement, they'll need some in the next couple of hours who can make 175 because Cowboy has already weighed in.

McGregor via Decision
    Kennedy has to cut down to 185 to get his show money.

Jacare was there just in case Weidman or Romero pulled out.

Too late I think for a Cowboy replacement, they'll need some in the next couple of hours who can make 175 because Cowboy has already weighed in.

Kennedy already re-booked for 206 next month.

McGregor via Submission
    Kennedy already re-booked for 206 next month.

Yup, I'm aware, but because he isn't medically suspended he needs to make weight to get his show money, which is stupid.

• Advertisement

NYSAC weight difference allowance per class

Cw_aPVoVEAEStvs.jpg

McGregor via Decision
    Yup, I'm aware, but because he isn't medically suspended he needs to make weight to get his show money, which is stupid.

Ah, thought you were suggesting him v Jacare as a possibility!

McGregor via Submission
    Jacare just weighed in, came in at 189. Think he weighed in after Kennedy...

Jacare just weighed in :o

Like a pro at 189lbs! :pac:

McGregor via Submission
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Like a pro at 189lbs! :pac:

Not bad considering he only got in to NY last night I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Alvarez via Submission
    Jacare Kennedy anybody ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

McGregor via Decision
    Son of a bitch.

So we just lost 2 fights?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Alvarez via Submission
    They should cut Gastlum hes nothing but a problem let him go to Bellator and eat all the tacos in the world with his sponsorship money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

McGregor via KO/TKO
    No Cowboy :(

Alves vs Miller at catchweight it looks like.
    Mike Bohn ‏@MikeBohnMMA 7m7 minutes ago
    Thiago Alves vs. Jim Miller is now a catchweight of 163 pounds. Alves can't be over 173 pounds tomorrow in order to fight.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 9m9 minutes ago
    Cowboy is getting show money.

Alves can't weigh more than 173 tomorrow. 20% fine. Goes to Miller.

Jacare is not fighting on the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

**** sake Gastelum Cerrone was a great fight. What an absolute unprofessional loser. He should be cut

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Jacare not fighting on the card. Could Gastelum not cut the extra 3 pounds in time to fight? Stupid.

UFC confirm its a five fight main card.
    Chamatkar Sandhu ‏@SandhuMMA 3m3 minutes ago
    Dave Sholler just informed us that the #UFC205 PPV is now a 5 fight main card with Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum being scrapped.

McGregor via Submission
    Get to go to bed 30 mins earlier now. Not worth it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Decision
    YIKES. Tense between Conor and Tyron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    Tyron Woodley sold his press conference video to TMZ lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Alvarez via Submission
    Woodleys body language doesnt appear to tell the storying hes telling on twitter.

McGregor via Submission
    Hazys wrote: »
    Tyron Woodley sold his press conference video to TMZ lol

He posted it on his own Insta and Twitter with the caption " How you act when you know someone is going to hold you back" and tagged Conor in it.

I think that's half why Conor stared him down at the weigh in, they half seemed to like each other before but I think Tyron felt disrespected when Conor said he wanted his belt.

I'm pretty sure tmz have some sort of gossip coverage deal with the UFC. Dana always uses them as a mouthpiece when negotiations and the like are going down, they always seem to have locations for meetings between fighters and owners etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

McGregor via Decision
    What time is the ticketed weigh in on at does anyone know and is it on TV or just YouTube

Conor and Tyron face off from earlier. Conor working on that 3rd belt.

https://twitter.com/_youfc/status/797104009484075008

• Advertisement
Advertisement