Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That falsetto "thing"

Options
  • 06-11-2016 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Just while listening to wall to wall "hits" in the car (TodayFM) and realising that there is such a trend at the moment in the mass market music scene of adding in a falsetto main vocal line or secondary vocal.
    Some DJ was on about One Republic having been really impressive on the

Jonathan Ross show the other night (live) and how they pulled off a particular song. There are other artists stemming from big stars such as Justin Timberlake, more local acts such as Two Door Cinema Club.
    It's that one octave shift that sounds like Bee Gees but really I feel the BeeGees were unique in being able to sing like that without studio or live stunts.
    Is there anyone else out there like me who just feels that this falsetto stuff is basically over the top and almost doled out like salt on chips these days ?

I am not disagreeing that the tunes in question are catchy, etc just it seems to have invaded so many acts as if it is almost expected if aiming for the big lights ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Always been around..
    Beatles, Queen, lion sleeps tonight crowd, beach boys, A Ha,

GALLILEO.....

Advertisement