Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2016

• 27-10-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Returns on Tuesday 8 November. Hoping for better this year. This might not be a popular opinion as Marcus seems to be well-received, but I think Michel was better at motivating the candidates to perform. The best year I can remember was 2011 when Ash Mair won. All three finalists were outstanding and consistently produced genuinely interesting dishes. Marcus is encouraging but doesn't seem to inspire the same drive as Michel, and I think the standard has dropped a little.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Starts tonight at 8pm on BBC2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Starts tonight at 8pm on BBC1.

BBC 2

Just seen that when I went to set it to record. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

I've never heard of Steak Diane before, but it looks a bit unappetising to me.

Oh dear, Simon's doing it wrong! Looks of disapproval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I would never eat red meat that is prepared on any of The Masterchef series,either by the judges or contestants.Why?.It is always raw with the blood almost running out it.

• Advertisement

Mmm, Monica's tart is more to my taste. Bet no one will manage it.

Ellie did well. And Gregg is as annoying as ever.

twill wrote: »
    Mmm, Monica's tart is more to my taste. Bet no one will manage it.

Ellie did well. And Gregg is as annoying as ever.

Monica is more to my taste:):)

Ellie well ahead of the rest.

Ellie well ahead of the rest.

I noticed Monica was trying to be a bit more circumspect after Marcus praising her to the heavens. I think the right three went through.

The skills test is a mess. No one did well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I love it when an arrogant Michelin star chef, comes in full of hype, then messes up the skills test.
    Not sure what to make of monica hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of monica hair
    Soup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Returns on Tuesday 8 November. Hoping for better this year. This might not be a popular opinion as Marcus seems to be well-received, but I think Michel was better at motivating the candidates to perform. The best year I can remember was 2011 when Ash Mair won. All three finalists were outstanding and consistently produced genuinely interesting dishes. Marcus is encouraging but doesn't seem to inspire the same drive as Michel, and I think the standard has dropped a little.
    Would have to agree. I can't warm to Marcus the same way I did to Michel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Not entirely sure what to make of Marcus stopping Kevin from plating up any further. Of course, it looks like he was severely overtime and it's not fair on the other chefs but i remember something similar happening a few years ago where someone was over half an hour late and she went on to joint win the competion. (Her name was Keri according to wikipedia.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It is always raw with the blood almost running out it.
    Rubbish, steak or any red meat has no blood in it. There's red stuff called myoglobin in it but it's not blood.

Degag wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what to make of Marcus stopping Kevin from plating up any further. Of course, it looks like he was severely overtime and it's not fair on the other chefs but i remember something similar happening a few years ago where someone was over half an hour late and she went on to joint win the competion. (Her name was Keri according to wikipedia.)

They tend to take a harder line than that nowadays though I've never seen anyone actually prevented from finishing their dish before. Usually they just let them at it but it's taken into account in the judging. Last year, Bobby was 8 minutes overtime with his banana souffle but it was so good they let him through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I would eat that venison dish In a heartbeat. It looked so nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Yesterday looks the same as today, a few miles ahead of everybody else.

The new double individual rounds are very tough.

I'm sorry but Kirsty was really hard done by, being eliminated like that.

The skills test was difficult to watch. Mind you, I think Marcus was setting them up to fail with that test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

The skills test was difficult to watch. Mind you, I think Marcus was setting them up to fail with that test.

Yer one who was sent packing was very arrogant. And just stomped off at the end!

Interesting that Greg didn't let that guy put the sauce on the plate....he was given fair warning however and he was late in the skills test as well.

That John Dory dish from Marcus looks delicious. Like Greg John Dory is my favourite fish.

Ugh. The second group have drawn the short straw with this skills test, I think. Monica and Marcus do not look impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Why didn't Andy have to make the mayonnaise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

I would not eat that Lamb tartar, Greg and Marcus don't seem to be relishing it either.

Two desserts, Greg will be happy. He hasn't had many this series.

Go Zoe. I like her.

Tough decision for the judges tonight. If 5 of these contestants had been in other rounds they would had sailed through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Tough decision for the judges tonight. If 5 of these contestants had been in other rounds they would had sailed through.

Was just about to say that. It was hard for them to pick 3 to go through yesterday because the standard was so poor. I think every round should be like this though! Really top notch stuff!

Oh my God, changing the rules because they are so awesome. Unreal!

Advertisement