Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Haven't had my dinner yet, and I'm starving watching this! I hope they all storm through to cook for the critics, that would be some round.

Zoe had two bad rounds so I'm not sure why she was put through. I feel sorry for Andy who had an off day, and in fairness the reinvention test was a bit rubbish. Max and Wayne did well.

These skills tests are getting ridiculously involved. Nougatine, green tea mousse and about ten other things. What happened to the old fashioned butchery and basic recipes? It just seems to be about showcasing Monica and Marcus's egos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I do like a dessert dish though, better than fish

I do love a good dessert, though I'm not sure green tea should be let anywhere near it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

twill wrote: »
    These skills tests are getting ridiculously involved. Nougatine, green tea mousse and about ten other things. What happened to the old fashioned butchery and basic recipes? It just seems to be about showcasing Monica and Marcus's egos.

Couldn't agree with you more.

The 3 judges then standing there either frowning or nodding with approval annoys me too......facial expressions are too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I've no time for Monica anymore. Her skills tests have a whiff of "oh look at what I can do, aren't I great?", rather than testing the chefs on their general skills. Marcus is the exact opposite with his tests.
    As for her facial expressions of horror, disgust and revulsion ... she needs to give it a rest.

I do agree that Marcus is less inclined to showboating, and also less guilty of the facial churning. I could punch the lot of them when they start that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Yeah last week's winners were top notch and definite contenders.

Sad to see Zoe go, but she was the one who was really struggling over both rounds. I don't think Wayne, Matt or Rich stand a serious chance of winning. Arnaud would have to up his game a bit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Sad to see Zoe go, but she was the one who was really struggling over both rounds. I don't think Wayne, Matt or Rich stand a serious chance of winning. Arnaud would have to up his game a bit too.

I don't know, Wayne has a fair bit in his locker and I think he's been holding something back a little for the special occasion.

(I'm an episode behind admittedly, haven't seen the first semi - I think that was last night - so he might already be out!)

It was nice to see the chefs at the restaurant services being able to motivate the chefs without being obnoxious. Crossing my fingers for Gary now, hope he gets through.

Shows what i know. Wayne gone right after i said he could go far. That's what happens though when you serve some raw veg with tofu. Reminded me of that tomato salad from last year that yer man squeaked through on.

Really gutted for James. He probably got further than he should but he came across as bang on, and so enthusiastic. He did really well in that last round too but came up against Arnoud and Ellly in top form. Elly looks like a potential winner. Hope i haven't jinxed her now.

Really gutted for James. He probably got further than he should but he came across as bang on, and so enthusiastic. He did really well in that last round too but came up against Arnoud and Ellly in top form. Elly looks like a potential winner. Hope i haven't jinxed her now.

I'm sorry for Brenton, too, and surprised. I had thought it would be him, Arnaud, Elly and Gary in the final four. Matt was really lucky to get through given that his pastry wasn't done. You could see Brenton was feeling the pressure, though, and I think trying to set a posset in the amount of time they had was a really dodgy.

The standard is good this year. If Arnaud, Elly or Gary won, I'd be equally happy.

Standard in the final is very high. First guy with beard has nailed it.

I'm thinking it might be hard to separate Gary and Elly - exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

ebbsy wrote: »
    Standard in the final is very high. First guy with beard has nailed it.

I reckon Gary is going to win. He's been the best over the series.

Monica has the female cook down as favorite.

Gary to win.

I'm only starting to watch the final now, but I think Elly is starting off as the presumptive winner beforehand. She's been solidly very good all the way and i think she put herself in their heads as a winner long before now.

Would love if Gary won though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Glad to see Gary win. Best chef all series and I thought he was the most impressive in Norway.

Nice to see him coming from the background of a college and not out of some Michelin restaurant.

• Advertisement

Best standard ever.

Ah, delighted. Though I'd have been happy with any winner i think it meant a bit more to Gary. Top notch from all three though.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Best standard ever.
    Agreed, or close. I have to eat my words from the beginning of the thread. :D Maybe Gregg not being around so much made a difference.

Very happy to see Gary win, I think his experience and meticulousness stood to him. I think the Norway restaurant influenced him enormously as well.

Poor Elly looked very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I wanted either Elly or Gary to win so happy with the result. All three finalists deserved to be there, very high standard this year. Poor Elly looked so disappointed, from her VT at the start it seems her life revolves around her work and her dad. Her winning would have meant so much to both of them.

Advertisement