Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redirected on links

Options
  • 06-11-2016 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Sorry Mods wasnt sure where to post this,when i click on links here i keep getting this page appearing http://go.redirectingat.com/?rdrflb=1 its a pain in the butt .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

damon5 wrote: »
    Sorry Mods wasnt sure where to post this,when i click on links here i keep getting this page appearing http://go.redirectingat.com/?rdrflb=1 its a pain in the butt .....

Most probably a browser hijack. Run a virus checker and malware scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

degsie wrote: »
    Most probably a browser hijack. Run a virus checker and malware scan.

Rubbish, read here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101469839

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Updated all before doing full scans.... Malwarebytes anti malware free edition and nothing found,ran Kaspersky on a full scan and nothing harmfull,malware bytes anti exploit Free running in the back ground.Recently am having problems when i click on internet explorer taking ages to load a page and freezing pages and loads of long running scripts.This happens really bad when i,m on the yahoo web page so now using google chrome and no problems except for the link issue i,m having on Boards.Went on to the Skimlinks website and i get this ...........
    Your current Skimlinks cookie status:
    Disabled

For information and FAQs on the Skimlinks Optimization Cookie, please see the End-user Privacy Policy »
    It appears that you have 3rd party cookies disabled on your browser. This means the Skimlinks optimization cookie is inactive.

You do not need to take further action at this time.

To get over clicking on links on boards and going onto the Skimlinks page i have to copy and paste it on a new page..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

What browser are you using? Try another.

• Advertisement

What browser are you using? Try another.

Had major other problems unrelated with IE as explained in my previous posts so now using Google Chrome,still have to copy and paste links when on boards though ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I can,t think of a reason for anyone to use internet explorer when chrome is easier to use ,fast and has a nice simple interface.
    I know there may be a few websites left designed for IE ,
    or a business may require employee,s to use IE.
    I would just see endless articles about exploits ,security problems in IE.
    i Understand windows 10 is more secure and has a new browser ,but chrome or the iron browser is avaidable on every pc os.
    and i have have no wish to send data or ad tracking info direct to microsoft from the browser
    I trust google alot more.
    In 2016 its like going to a phone shop and trying to buy a blackberry phone,
    why bother when theres so many better options out there .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

mp22 wrote: »

Thanks for replies,clicked on the link Your download of AdwCleaner is about to start. If it doesn't, please click here.it showed a short vid but that was all..

riclad wrote: »
    I can,t think of a reason for anyone to use internet explorer when chrome is easier to use ,fast and has a nice simple interface.
    I know there may be a few websites left designed for IE ,
    or a business may require employee,s to use IE.
    I would just see endless articles about exploits ,security problems in IE.
    i Understand windows 10 is more secure and has a new browser ,but chrome or the iron browser is avaidable on every pc os.
    and i have have no wish to send data or ad tracking info direct to microsoft from the browser
    I trust google alot more.
    In 2016 its like going to a phone shop and trying to buy a blackberry phone,
    why bother when theres so many better options out there .

Riclad thanks for your imput too.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Thanks for replies,clicked on the link Your download of AdwCleaner is about to start. If it doesn't, please click here.it showed a short vid but that was all..

If you waited a window should appear asking you if you wanted to 'save' this download, and then it would be saved to your download folder, check it might be there or try again, it's a great little tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Don't know if this link will pass muster, but it is the downloadable file:
    https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/dl/3b04107d00b60ddb20c033eea3f783be/582245f1/windows/security/security-utilities/a/adwcleaner/AdwCleaner.exe

Thanks lads for your help,eventually ran AdwCleaner.exe and it showed C:\Users\Public\Desktop\eBay.Ink so just as i clicked on the clean tab and just as the page changed i noticed to the right it said that there was 24 threats.In the end it stated that all threats are gone,odd thing is at the bottom of the scan window it says that AdwCleaner is now part of the Malwarebytes family and i ran a scan with Malwarebytes anti malware yesterday and nothing showed up....still getting redirected to skimlinks when i click on a link on boards everytime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

try superantispyware.

it picks up things mailware bytes misses.

also go to and remove programs, and uninstall any tool bar software you see.

Have you gone to...

http://optout.skimlinks.com/?tested=1

and selected 'opt-out'?

<dubble posr>

try superantispyware.

it picks up things mailware bytes misses.

also go to and remove programs, and uninstall any tool bar software you see.

Have been using super anti spyware too,forgot to mention in a previous post..

Have you gone to...

http://optout.skimlinks.com/?tested=1

and selected 'opt-out'?

Yep been there and it said it was disabled on my laptop....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭paulbok

I have this poxy skimlinks redirection shi+e as well.
    Only on chrome on the laptop. nothing else affected.

reinstalled chrome, no extensions, still happening.

Ran that malware scanner above, tdskiller, maleware bites and Full kaspersky scan. nothing.
    Even went through registry files looking for the culprit.

getting fissed off with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Install iron browser ,based on chrome .
    see if the redirected licnks still appear.
    its more private than chrome ,it sends no data to google.
    https://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

• Advertisement

Clicked on a link on Boards earlier and couldnt believe it,it went to the site it was supposed to,tried later clicking on a link in Boards and directed to skimlinks yet again,getting really p****d at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

If it's Skimlinks related, just install the ublock origin adblocker extension for Chrome and it will block all that Skimlink crap.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

If it's Skimlinks related, just install the ublock origin adblocker extension for Chrome and it will block all that Skimlink crap.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

I clicked on the link you put in and it went to skimlinks so had to copy and paste the link.Downloaded ublock origin and when i click on the link again the next thing i see is ......uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading then theres loads of random letters,nunbers words etc and then below it reads......Because of the following filter
    ||skimresources.com^
    Found in: Peter Lowe’s Ad server list

Thank you sir.

I clicked on the link you put in and it went to skimlinks so had to copy and paste the link.Downloaded ublock origin and when i click on the link again the next thing i see is ......uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading then theres loads of random letters,nunbers words etc and then below it reads......Because of the following filter
    ||skimresources.com^
    Found in: Peter Lowe’s Ad server list

I got that as well at first, but at the bottom there is an option to permanently block the redirect, so hit that and off you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

paulbok wrote: »
    Thank you sir.

No worries.

Ok went to see about fixing this problem a couple of hours ago and clicked on the internet explorer icon and doesn't load up,clicked on google chrome and nothing too.Uninstalled google chrome and googled on my phone to try to get a solution.I think it was internet options I went into and followed instructions from the google search that said to unclick the internet explorer 11 box and restart the computer,then to re tick the box and restart again and that's it.When I click on the internet explorer icon nothing happens so I decided to download chrome again,downloaded and like IE nothing happens.:confused::confused::confused:

No problems with Microsoft edge though :mad:

An update.......done a restore and it said system restore could not access a file probably that an anti virus programme is running on the computer.It said temporarily disable my anti virus programme and retry system restore which I did and no joy.So I cant get access to IE or chrome browsers only browser I can use to get on the internet is Microsoft edge.A few minutes ago something in my grey matter said click on the IE desktop icon so I did,i am now typing away this post on IE,as I said not computer literate so hav,nt a clue whats going on ...

If you only do stuff like browse the internet and email etc, have you ever considered something like a Chromebook? It is easy to 'powerwash' and reset the machine if you run into problems.

• Advertisement

If you only do stuff like browse the internet and email etc, have you ever considered something like a Chromebook? It is easy to 'powerwash' and reset the machine if you run into problems.
    Hi thanks for your reply,as I said before I,m not computer literate so don't really understand what your saying :confused::confused: but a path to computer enlightenment to get my computer back online would be appreciated :)

Advertisement