Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redirected on links

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

A reset or fresh install will solve your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

degsie wrote: »
    A reset or fresh install will solve your problems.

Have reset computer,uninstalled chrome and downloaded chrome again and no joy,wasnt sure about uninstalling IE11 and reinstalling it because don't know where to or I might feck up and make things worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

damon5 wrote: »
    Have reset computer,uninstalled chrome and downloaded chrome again and no joy,wasnt sure about uninstalling IE11 and reinstalling it because don't know where to or I might feck up and make things worse :)

I suspect you meant 'restore'

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

degsie wrote: »
    I suspect you meant 'restore'

Of course,my bad.....just shut down all browsers and clicked on the IE icon and it fired up but still having script errors coming up on screen and messing things up,when I tried google chrome it fired up no probs,still getting skimlinks issues when on the Boards website though which I don't get anyware else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

You don't have a virus or need to buy a new chromebook laptop as someone above ridiculously suggested. Just do what I and another poster advised in the posts above. Install ublock origin in the Chrome browser and it will put an end to your skimlinks problem.

In Chrome browser, search Ublock origin and install it. Then when you get this message :

Block Origin has prevented the following page from loading then theres loads of random letters,nunbers words etc and then below it reads......Because of the following filter
    ||skimresources.com^
    Found in: Peter Lowe’s Ad server list

Do this:

I got that as well at first, but at the bottom there is an option to permanently block the redirect, so hit that and off you go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement