Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phd at 51 - mad or not?

Options
  • 06-11-2016 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I want to change career. For lots of reasons, I don't want to work in health anymore. I'm going part-time. I can't think of any other career I would like to do. I have an MPhil in Disability Studies, and am thinking of doing a Phd in it. I am hugely interested in this area and am hoping to get into it. I have experience of working in the area of disability. I know lecturing post Phd would be hard to get. I would be happy to just do some part-time lecturing or research. I'm not looking for higher salary - a little bit lower pay is fine, just an interesting, and less stressful job. I'm hoping to do Phd part-time. I have two teens to fund to college. Any advice re Phd would be much appreciated.

Advertisement