Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amenities in Co. Roscommon

• 07-11-2016 12:04am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So we have Lough Key, Mote Park and a multitude of other outdoor walking areas. Besides the usual amenities within each town in the County, what could Roscommon really do with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Some decent feckin broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Some decent drinking water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

In Roscommon town, an official late bar.
    Unless there is one and I don't know about it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I completely agree with Broadband, Water and a Late Bar. A Virgin Media/Esb deal, may have broadband covered in the next few years. For now, I think imagine.ie could sort it out.

I'm trying to think what people have to leave town for.
    Other than medical appointments and discretionary shopping, I can't think of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Taking advantage of Lough Ree. There are basically no lake-based amenities between Lanesboro and Athlone.

Pique wrote: »
    Taking advantage of Lough Ree. There are basically no lake-based amenities between Lanesboro and Athlone.

Agree.
    A lot more could be done to promote tourism in the area.
    I remember when Ming was running to be td, that was one of his election promises...

The county council have turned down multiple planning applications to develop portrun over the years.
    No one has the ability to finance a development now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Addle wrote: »
    Pique wrote: »

Agree.
    A lot more could be done to promote tourism in the area.

The county council have turned down multiple planning applications to develop portrun over the years.

That was the locals objecting vociferously to any development. Damned shame too. Portrun would've been a brilliant spot. With the bogs nearby there could be a ton of adventure courses/mudruns, along with the water-sports (jet-skiing, water-skiing, banana boats), , trips to Inchcleraun, "It's a knockout"-type things, the shore is shallow enough for hovercrafts. Noise wouldn't be a valid objection with the bloody quarry around the corner too.

Advertisement