Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Holiday

Options
  • 07-11-2016 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a nice beach holiday for approx. 4 days flying from Perth.
    Looking to go outside of Australia.

Been to Bali - not a fan.

Also if there is somewhere that doesn't take 10 hours. I do love Thailand, been to Phuket. Would love somewhere similar to that but we literally only have 4 or 5 days. Would like to see Koh Samui but the flight times are a bit awkward for the amount of time we have.

Can anyone suggest somewhere. Looking to go either at xmas OR feb next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Singapore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

amtc wrote: »
    Singapore?

Good option and plenty to do for 4 or 5 days... Although it's a bit more expensive than other South-east Asian countries.

You can also do a mini cruise from Fremantle. 4/5 days on a big ship with spas and pools. Not quite a beach but some liners stop in Darwin and Jakarta, KLMy aunt's just finished one. I did a week cruise from Perth a few years ago and it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Thanks but we went to Singapore last year for a few days.

So we were thinking....

My partner is going back to Dublin in March. I was thinking if I went as far as Dubai with him for 4 days then he travelled on to Dublin and I came back to Oz.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about booking this? Its looking like my flight to Dubai is costing more than his flight to Dublin.
    Also I tried to go on Expedia to book a package but its hard because his flight will be different. If I book the package just for myself then he wont be included in the hotel price.

Anyone done something similar and booked it yourself??? Travel agents quoted 5k - NO THANKS!!! id rather go to the Maldives for a good week!

Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Advertisement

amtc wrote: »
    You can also do a mini cruise from Fremantle. 4/5 days on a big ship with spas and pools. Not quite a beach but some liners stop in Darwin and Jakarta, KLMy aunt's just finished one. I did a week cruise from Perth a few years ago and it was fun.

yeah I would love to do a cruise at some stage but id prefer to go to Fiji on one or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

I'm in a similar position. On week on week off but get no holidays so need to fit the trip into the 7 days off.

Would like to go diving too. Have yet to do the Bali thing but am wary as if yon volcano starts playing up and I miss my flight to work there'll be holy war

Slideways wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position. On week on week off but get no holidays so need to fit the trip into the 7 days off.

Would like to go diving too. Have yet to do the Bali thing but am wary as if yon volcano starts playing up and I miss my flight to work there'll be holy war

Ive been to bali but I cant see the big attraction. If you want diving then there are a few places in the Philippines (el nido being one I think) we did that last xmas for a week (we went to boracay not el nido) but I would defo recommend it. you'd easily fit it in to 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

niva*sis wrote: »
    So we were thinking....

My partner is going back to Dublin in March. I was thinking if I went as far as Dubai with him for 4 days then he travelled on to Dublin and I came back to Oz.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about booking this? Its looking like my flight to Dubai is costing more than his flight to Dublin.
    Also I tried to go on Expedia to book a package but its hard because his flight will be different. If I book the package just for myself then he wont be included in the hotel price.

Anyone done something similar and booked it yourself??? Travel agents quoted 5k - NO THANKS!!! id rather go to the Maldives for a good week!

Thanks for the suggestions :)
    Dubai is a long way from Australia, and despite their best efforts its not an especially pleasant place for a tourist break. They kind of assume that if you're going from Australia to Dubai for a short stay there's a business purpose to your trip, and flights are priced accordingly.

Given your time constraints, I wonder why you specify that your holiday has to be outside Australia? You'd have a much better array of short break options if you didn't specify "must be abroad".

Believe me as a woman travelling on her own, Dubai is not where I'd go to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Dubai is a overpriced s******e. I'd go to Bali if you've never been already. Just for handiness more then anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

rightyabe wrote: »
    I'd go to Bali if you've never been already. Just for handiness more then anything.
    There's a bit of a clue in the OP:
    niva*sis wrote: »
    Been to Bali - not a fan.

Sorry I should have mentioned if I didn't already that I have been to Dubai before and I like it, has everything that I want, beach, shopping, activities. If I don't travel with my partner in march then chances are we won't get a holiday together next year! He is now working for Xmas so march is really our only option because of other work commitments. The price of flights to Dubai are crazy and it's true they are based on business travel. Thanks for all the suggestions keep them coming if u have more.

What about nz? I also loved Melbourne

Oh, Tassie!

Advertisement