Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-Audit Assurance Assignments an Accountant undertakes?

• 07-11-2016 6:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello,

I am quite new to the subject of accountancy and am learning about assurance at the moment. I am wondering if people could give me some examples of non-audit assurance engagements that an accountant might undertake?

I presume things like fraud/ mis-management of funds in both private companies and charities, value for money assessments and so on. Things like a company's environmental impact and website security assurance services I presume would not be carried out by an accountantcy firm?

If you could provide me with some of the most obvious or widely-discussed assurance services an accountancy firm would provide then that would be very helpful and help to understand the possible scope of an accountant's duties. Apologies if it is a daft question, I am very new to the area.

Advertisement