Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant scan on laptop

Options
  • 07-11-2016 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

got a brother 130c all in one printer that i,m trying to scan a document but when i choose all correct settings and press start its says connecting to pc for 1 minute then reverts back to normal and doesnt do nothing

i can print fine so connection to laptop ok

anyone able to help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

2pack wrote: »
    got a brother 130c all in one printer that i,m trying to scan a document but when i choose all correct settings and press start its says connecting to pc for 1 minute then reverts back to normal and doesnt do nothing

i can print fine so connection to laptop ok

anyone able to help please

Did you install the scanner software? it sounds like its not running when the scanner looks for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

IS it the scan button on the printer thats not doing it.?
    Its usually related to permissions on the PC. Turn off UAC temporarily and try again.

Or else just use the scan application on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eflexes

What is the path you're using for the scanner, more than likely this is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

are you scanning and trying send wirelessly? wireless printers and scanner at home can be a right pain. if you are try using the usb printer cable, then scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭2pack

thanks guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement