Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 online/offline

Options
  • 07-11-2016 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

hi, someone said to me to make sure the PS4 can be played offline because they bought an XBOX One for their kid and they couldn't play it as it needed to be connected to internet and as their net isn't great they were not able to download games etc.
    So, I just want to make sure the PS4 can be played offline with phyiscal games. I rang gamestop and they said yea you do need the net for updates etc that's fair enough. But the 12 year old boy is not into playing online, or downloading updates. He buy's a game and plays it away. Will it play offline no bother?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

It can absolutely...

If offline you will just miss game patches and system updates.
    So - before getting a game make sure it's been out a while and there are no game crashing bugs - most are fine though.

I regularly play offline so speaking from experience here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

carolinej wrote: »
    hi, someone said to me to make sure the PS4 can be played offline because they bought an XBOX One for their kid and they couldn't play it as it needed to be connected to internet and as their net isn't great they were not able to download games etc.
    So, I just want to make sure the PS4 can be played offline with phyiscal games. I rang gamestop and they said yea you do need the net for updates etc that's fair enough. But the 12 year old boy is not into playing online, or downloading updates. He buy's a game and plays it away. Will it play offline no bother?

Yes it will. Apart from as you mentioned when his games or the system needs updates. You can usually play the game without updating. The updates just fix bugs or sometimes add more features to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

Sound. Thanks. I will relay back to concerned friend PS4 will work perfectly with need to be online.

Advertisement