Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your season purchase?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

rOKEi3Z.jpg

Just arrived via courier from Italy. Ride Insano boots. Seriously stiff compared to my last pair, so I'd imagine I'll spend the first hour or so, with my face buried in the snow, on my next trip.

I was going to get the Burton step-in system but they're only being released to the general public about now, so I want to hear what others think about them before investing in a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Where did you get the boots? In need of a pair myself, I've worn out the old ones, way too loose at the ankle and laces are slipping (pull system)

The step-in system sounds good but big costs when you have to replace bindings too, then you're 'stuck' with burton for boots per se

stevire wrote: »
    Where did you get the boots? In need of a pair myself, I've worn out the old ones, way too loose at the ankle and laces are slipping (pull system)

The step-in system sounds good but big costs when you have to replace bindings too, then you're 'stuck' with burton for boots per se

https://www.freshfarm.it/ - they have great prices - the same boots were €70 more on Blue Tomato, very good customer service too, responded to my emails in about 20 minutes.
    Re. the step-ins, if they work as well as the reviews seem to say, I reckon they would be worth the investment, Burton make pretty good products, so I'd have no concerns about buying both bindings and boots from them. I'll wait until next year I reckon, when regular people have used them, I also have a relatively new pair of Flow NX2 hybrid bindings, it would be kind of wasteful to replace them so soon, as they were quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭blue note

I'm trying to build up my ski gear so that next years trip will be less (financially) daunting. So this year I picked up a salomon jacket and pants, no fear helmet, helly Hansen zip thermal, couple pairs of socks and a pair of spyder gloves in sports direct / tk maxx. All in I paid €336. But I think that's me sorted for gear for this year. Next year it'll be boots and I'll be done.

I went with brands because if I reckon they won't want to put their name to anything that isn't at least decent. I hope my logic is sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I really can't justify any more purchases. But some stuff for the kids arrived from Decathlon today, I'm vicariously living through their new bits & pieces!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

New pants, couldn't resist as they were the match of jacket I got last year and some fleece inner gloves. All TK Maxx stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭blue note

olaola wrote: »
    I really can't justify any more purchases. But some stuff for the kids arrived from Decathlon today, I'm vicariously living through their new bits & pieces!

I suspect once I have everything I'll still want to get more so will do things like replace my Jacket that will have been worn for a total of 4 weeks plus the time I tried it on after I got it.

Maybe having kids and getting them stuff will be the solution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Actually, the only thing I need this year is a pair of sunnies..
    Last year was a jacket - Lidl - and as good as any I've had. Pants / salopettes are over 10 years old and still fine, bought a salomon helmet on this forum so I'm all set. :D

Also lots of crossover with my sailing gear, it's as good if not better than ski gear, only thing is lack of a skipass pouch in the jacket arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

New helmet. My Aldi one served me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BarryNumber1

These bad boys, Rome Boss 390 bindings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭andyd12

These bad boys, Rome Boss 390 bindings.
    I got these bindings last year, really comfy binding. Not too stiff which I like

New pants bought,
    Old pair were swimming on me. First time to use bib pants also

andyd12 wrote: »
    New pants bought,
    Old pair were swimming on me. First time to use bib pants also

These

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BarryNumber1

andyd12 wrote: »
    I got these bindings last year, really comfy binding. Not too stiff which I like

Will need to get new boots though, current ones (ancient Flows) heels are too wide for those bindings. What boots do you have yourself?

Will need to get new boots though, current ones (ancient Flows) heels are too wide for those bindings. What boots do you have yourself?
    Ah ok, no mine were pretty good. I have Rome inferno boots. Just a little bit tight going in but nothing to bother me too much. I just think the boots have a big footprint

Just ordered a pair of these goggles, with built in hd camera http://zealhd.com/

fb_share_preview3.png

They are only €126 on Sportpursuit, but are retailing for £249 on eBay, seems like a deal :D. Given that it's Sportpursuit I doubt they will arrive in time for my next trip on the 20th, but hopefully in time for my Spring trip. The GoPros are great, but the weight of them (GoPro 3), and the way they sit on the helmet is pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

2 new pants, 1 new jacket, 2 lenses for goggles, 2 buffs, new valve for bladder (lost mine on the last day last year and got soaked) and picked up another snowboard during the off season.

Anyone in need of a snowboard or a helmet? I've an unused board available and a used giro surface helmet which has GoPro mounts and some scuffing from use. The board is a Nitro T1 with limited edition Smirnoff Ice imaging (157). Also have two new Slate goggles that I can't find. Very annoying.

2 new pants, 1 new jacket, 2 lenses for goggles, 2 buffs, new valve for bladder (lost mine on the last day last year and got soaked) and picked up another snowboard during the off season.

Anyone in need of a snowboard or a helmet? I've an unused board available and a used giro surface helmet which has GoPro mounts and some scuffing from use. The board is a Nitro T1 with limited edition Smirnoff Ice imaging (157). Also have two new Slate goggles that I can't find. Very annoying.

Four weeks snowboarding holidays planned, and that shopping list! Did you win the Lotto? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

cormee wrote: »
    Four weeks snowboarding holidays planned, and that shopping list! Did you win the Lotto? :D

lol alas no. I've done at least 4 weeks for the last 3 years.

I only buy Animal clothing now. Personally I think they are awesome. Have 3 or 4 jackets of theirs and now pants.

Advertisement