Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

access moved thread i could previously view?

Options
  • 07-11-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

I was able to view the 'Amazon Echo' thread on the Gadgets forum until a short while ago. When i click on the link now it says i do not have access?..

How do i find where it was moved to?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's this one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057567101

others have been posting on it today, last post was 10:43. You should have access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The thread has been moved to the new Home Automation / IoT forum, but otherwise you should be able to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

dudara wrote: »
    The thread has been moved to the new Home Automation / IoT forum, but otherwise you should be able to see it

ah great, can see it now ! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Good, thanks for confirming. It was probably due to a glitch in timing as we set up the new forum and moved the threads into it. Glad to hear it's all OK now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I clicked on the link in the email to see an update to this thread. I get Error 404 on that page and on the new page link above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I am getting the below error
    Oops, page not found.
    The page you are looking for could not be found.
    You can check our Boards Twitter account for updates.
    You can also try our advanced search to maybe find what you are looking for, or you can go back to the homepage

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Sniipe wrote: »
    I clicked on the link in the email to see an update to this thread. I get Error 404 on that page and on the new page link above

Sorry about that; have been experiencing some 404 Errors of late. If you attempt to open it in an incognito window it should work fine though.
    I am getting the below error
    Oops, page not found.
    The page you are looking for could not be found.
    You can check our Boards Twitter account for updates.
    You can also try our advanced search to maybe find what you are looking for, or you can go back to the homepage

Is this still happening to you? What OS and browser are you using?

I tried incognito but it didn't work. Where is the page exactly?

I think the problem relates to using the new boards.ie look. When I revert to the old look it works fine. so there is an issue there with boards.ie/b ??

hey im now getting the same error as Irish Gunner... it worked for me before

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

jobless wrote: »

You're also on Responsive Site? Looking into it now; thanks for the heads up.

jobless wrote: »

You're also on Responsive Site? Looking into it now; thanks for the heads up.

yes im on responsive site.... tried chrome and firefox

Boards.ie Employee

As a temporary solution, it can be accessed via the Legacy Site. Looking into why the Responsive Site is causing an issue. Sorry about that.

no probs, how do i change to legacy site?

Boards.ie Employee

If you're on Responsive, you'll find "Legacy Site" in the top right hand corner by your user name or there's an option at the bottom of each page.

HOWEVER

Ronan looked at the issue and seems to have fixed it if you want to give it a try again on Responsive.

yep working now on responsive :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement