Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Health Nurse

Options
  • 07-11-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity how does it work with the public health nurse. I'm a FTM and due in 6 week so not sure how it works. Does the hospital notify them after little one is born or do I need to send in details for one to come out to house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Sorry just saw someone else asked the same question yesterday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hospital notifies them after your baby is born and they should get in contact with you to arrange a visit a day or two after you get home (if you get midwife visits the PHN won't come until the midwive's discharge you).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Starbright, I have it in my head that you're in Cork for some reason. If so the public health nurse is contacted by the hospital and usually visits you at home on day 4 providing day 4 isn't a weekend. They usually do the heel prick test then. They then visit again a few days later, at least they did on my second and third(born 2.5 weeks ago). At this visit they did weight, length etc. On my first I only had one visit on day 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Thanks guys!

Advertisement