Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Only Deals

Options
  • 07-11-2016 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I’m about to come to the end of my 24 month phone contract.

The phone is still in good nick so I plan on keeping it for another year, possibly 2 - touch wood.

Anybody out there got some good recommendations for an off contract/sim only deal? I prob need a minimum of about 5Gb of data a month, decent coverage and a good price (preferably about the €20 a month mark). While free calls and texts are a benefit, I’m not overly bothered about them.

All recommendations welcome. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m about to come to the end of my 24 month phone contract.

The phone is still in good nick so I plan on keeping it for another year, possibly 2 - touch wood.

Anybody out there got some good recommendations for an off contract/sim only deal? I prob need a minimum of about 5Gb of data a month, decent coverage and a good price (preferably about the €20 a month mark). While free calls and texts are a benefit, I’m not overly bothered about them.

All recommendations welcome. Cheers!

Any idea what the coverage is like for the networks in your area?

* With Three, you get unlimited data when you topup by €20
    * ID Mobile give you 30 GB data plus unlimited calls for €15
    * Vodafone 5GB + VF calls/texts for €10 of a €20 topup
    * meteor have some deals on their site
    + Some others I might not know about

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Any idea what the coverage is like for the networks in your area?

* With Three, you get unlimited data when you topup by €20
    * ID Mobile give you 30 GB data plus unlimited calls for €15
    * Vodafone 5GB + VF calls/texts for €10 of a €20 topup
    * meteor have some deals on their site
    + Some others I might not know about

Thanks for the detaile response fbradyirl!

Will check out those deals.

I'm based in Limerick, coverage for most operators is fairly ok. Although eMoblile has gotten pretty patchy lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Lycamobile do 30g data and unlimited calls and texts to Irish mobiles and landlines for €15 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

NATLOR wrote: »
    Lycamobile do 30g data and unlimited calls and texts to Irish mobiles and landlines for €15 per month

Never heard of them. What's their coverage like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I find them fine, i'm in the south east. Lots of threads about them on boards if you do a search

• Advertisement
Advertisement