Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamstring recruitment

• 07-11-2016 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that whenever I do movements that would normally be thought of as working the gluten and hamstrings I never feel it in the hamstrings.
    I could do something like RDLs and Id even feel it more in the quads towards tge end rather than hamstrings.
    Anyone else ever have or coach this problem?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If you're feeling it in your quads something is very wrong.

Got videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Hanley wrote: »
    If you're feeling it in your quads something is very wrong.

Got videos?

I might have a couple of deadlift or block pull vids on instagram if that's any good?
    One thing that I'm wondering if it's relevant or not is that my physio noticed the top halves of my quads are really tight and I do feel them working more than I'd expect when hip hinging.
    Would that impede the hams (being the opposing muscle) from working properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Slow negative glute ham raises will have your hamstrings screaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Also find lying leg curls good with a pause at the top, and do a very slow eccentric - also try changing your foot angle to reduce the calf input/activation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Next time you do an RDL/SLDL, bring it to the lowest position you're comfortable in, then straighten your legs a bit. Imagine someoen pushing your knees backwards.

We coach that correction all the time in the gym to get people feeling their hams on SLDL/RDL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Here are 2 deadlift variations off instagram in case theres anything there that looks off.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ-5n1FjT89/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK1ENRfgE9U/

Yeah the likes of the leg curl stuff I do towards the end of sessions as it is, its when Im doing deadlift related movements and I dont feel like I'm working the Hams I'm wondering am I lifting at a reduced capacity?
    I like the sound of that SDL RDL cue, thats one for friday!

Advertisement