Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver blond - how long does your color last

Options
  • 07-11-2016 3:06pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone who dyes their hair silver blonde/grey could tell me how long the toner lasts? I find I'm getting less than two weeks out of what is a permanent toner :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

How often are you washing your hair and what shampoo are you using? Purple shampoo helps.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    How often are you washing your hair and what shampoo are you using? Purple shampoo helps.

Using the l'oreal experia purple shampoo and wash my hair five times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Stheno wrote: »
    Using the l'oreal experia purple shampoo and wash my hair five times a week

Five times a week?!? That's mental! No wonder it's fading so quickly. Two or three times a week is plenty

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It used to be every day! I'll shampoo it less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Why are you washing your hair 5 days a week? How on earth does it need that! My hair is very very light blonde, not quite silver/grey but very pale. I wash it 2-3 times a week maximum and use dry shampoo if it gets greasy.

Washing it that often is washing out the colour. 10 shampoos sounds about right TBH.

• Advertisement

Yeh what others have said - washing it that much is what's causing it to fade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can you use a colour ball S?

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Yeh what others have said - washing it that much is what's causing it to fade.
    Can you use a colour ball S?

Will cut back on the shampooing it's pure habit that I get in the shower and shampoo my hair which is very short.

What's a colour ball?

Stheno wrote: »
    Will cut back on the shampooing it's pure habit that I get in the shower and shampoo my hair which is very short.

What's a colour ball?

Colour balls are a colour treatment that are meant to revive colour. Kinda like a boost between dyes.

http://www.beautybay.com/haircare/revlonprofessional/nutricolorcreme1002whiteplatinum/

1002 would probably what you'd need to use. They are quite handy. I used them when I had my hair dyed red. Not sure how good the 1002 would work but there's no harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 makeuplover

if you wash your hair with a good purple shampoo id recommend the Schwarzkopf purple one that you can buy in salon supply stores and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes you should have no problem with the colour fading unless you are using a clarifying shampoo which would strip the toner out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 makeuplover

how long do you leave it in for? Id recommened washing 3 times a week no more but keep the purple shampoo on for around 20 minutes to get that steel grey

Advertisement