Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIMM Music Production Course

Options
  • 07-11-2016 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey there, so i'm a leaving cert student who is unsure of what I want to do after school. The number 1 option for me is Music Technology/Music Production. I've been told by a friend who's studying Music Technology in Maynooth that it's a great course, that i'd love it etc. but then I found the Music Production course in BIMM. I don't have anyone to ask about it so here's my question, What is the Music Production course in BIMM like? How would it compare to Music Technology in Maynooth? How is BIMM as a college in general? Just a rundown of any of the above, thanks very much in advance,

Aidan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hatchlings

Hey there,

I don't know much about the courses but what I will say is that there is a great music scene out here in Maynooth and we have a great new venue opening up in a week or two. Maynooth is a fantastic college town and there are countless class bands based here. To list a few;
    - Planet Parade
    - Loah
    - Feather
    - LemonCello
    - Dysania
    - Neomatics
    - Witches Rave
    - Tashka
    - TV!AD
    - Shriekin
    - Navy Cut
    - Elan
    - District Daze
    - Ape Rising
    - Laura Rai
    - The list goes on and on....
    We (Hatchlings) are also based in Maynooth.
    There is a playlist of Maynooth Music on Soundcloud, check it out. (/maynoothmusic).
    The Common Grounds Collective are also based here in Maynooth and they are continuously bringing in bands from all over (last week was a class Israeli band).

Sorry I can't tell you more about the courses, I studied music in Maynooth and enjoyed the course but the town of Maynooth is a great spot for music and keeps getting better. Moved here from California 3 years ago and I'm staying now after graduation because of the scene and the art popping up here.

Advertisement