Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Money to Savings Account

Options
  • 07-11-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi, 

I recently started a 365 montly saver account in which I've set up a direct debit of money to go out each month. I'm Wondering is it possible to manually transfer money over to the savings account from current account with the SEPA transfer option?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon neasyerac, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Payments into a 365 Monthly Saver account can only be made by Direct Debit. Should you wish to pay more in monthly, you can choose to increase the direct debit. You can give this notice via the Service Desk on 365Online or by calling BOI Direct on 0818 365 365. 

For more information on this account please see here 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Apologies for thread hi-jack. But, can you explain why BOI don't facilitate the opening of a normal savings account online, one that has the capabilities mentioned above? 

or maybe I have missed something.  

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Thank you for the response,

Little bit disappointed as I would have liked to transfer money to the savings account on weeks I had more left over,
    No problem.

Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Paudee wrote: »
    Apologies for thread hi-jack. But, can you explain why BOI don't facilitate the opening of a normal savings account online, one that has the capabilities mentioned above? 

or maybe I have missed something.  
    Hi Paudee,

Thanks for your post.

While it is not possible to open a Demand Deposit account online, you can certainly open this through your local branch by booking an appointment at this link. This type of Deposit account allows you to transfer into as and when you wish. 
    You can find more information on this type of account here or speak with our Savings team about the most suitable Savings account for you, on 0818 200 347. This number is available 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturdays. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement