Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Brother- Adopted. Holles Street Dublin, December 1983...

Options
  • 07-11-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My mother had a baby when she was 17 , she was from Cork but had the baby in Holles Street Maternity Hospital around December 1983. It was a boy, that she named Richard but I am not sure if that is still his name. My granny recently expressed how she would love to meet him, and I know my mum who is ill now and has never gotten over it would love to know he is ok and well and meet him too. I am aware I have such little amount of information, I don't know his exact birthday but I can find out, its a touchy subject to approach. If anyone has any information please message me ,
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi Jellybelly.
    Have you placed your name on the Adoption Contact Register, if not i would advise you do. next a trip to GRO get his original birthcert, this would be under your mothers maiden surname, that will give his date of birth from there you look through the adoption books by date of birth. This will give his adopted name. then order adoption cert from GRO roscommon that will give adopted parents names and address at time of adoption.
    Make sure you go through the full book, you might get more than one male born that date adopted but if your mum writes to AAI asking for her adoption order date that will match the right cert
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Caireann27

Was he definetly born in December could it have been July?

Advertisement