Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdraw money in Italy

Options
  • 07-11-2016 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm going to Italy next week, can I withdraw money there on ATM's? If yes, what the limit per day?

Also, do I need to inform the bank before go?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

gugodoi wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going to Italy next week, can I withdraw money there on ATM's? If yes, what the limit per day?

Thank you!

Same as usual limits and yes you need to inform them or they'll block your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

gugodoi wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you!
    Hi gugodoi, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

Yes you can use your Visa Debit card wherever the Visa symbol is displayed. There is a daily ATM limit when you are abroad and in Italy this can be €500 per day. Your Visa Debit will still work at a point of sale in a shop or online after you reach this ATM limit. 

We would also always recommend that you give travel notice before you leave. You can do this on 365 Online. Please choose the Service Desk and then the "Card Travel Notice Option". 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement