Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault unresolved - Claimed to be repaired yet no contact from any Eir Technician

Options
  • 07-11-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

I have a fault on my phone line since last week.  I reported the fault online on Friday.  I got a text claiming the issue was resolved earlier today but there has been no restoration of service.

I have also not had any contact from Eir to try to resolve the issue other than claims via text message that the issue was being looked at.

Can you please assist regarding this please.  The same issue occurred previously and was only resolved with a visit from an eir phone engineer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

machalla wrote: »
    I have a fault on my phone line since last week.  I reported the fault online on Friday.  I got a text claiming the issue was resolved earlier today but there has been no restoration of service.

I have also not had any contact from Eir to try to resolve the issue other than claims via text message that the issue was being looked at.

Can you please assist regarding this please.  The same issue occurred previously and was only resolved with a visit from an eir phone engineer.
    Hi  machalla,

Can you PM me your account number & I will look into this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Hi,

After several days of either the phone or the broadband not working (alternating between each) we got to the point that all appeared to be back to "normal". 

Now as of today I think the issue of the account not being linked to the right phone number may be resolved but now the EirTV package no longer works. 

Can you PLEASE resolve this before the end of day.  I would assume the account has now been changed to the correct phone number but the eir tv has not followed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi,

After several days of either the phone or the broadband not working (alternating between each) we got to the point that all appeared to be back to "normal". 

Now as of today I think the issue of the account not being linked to the right phone number may be resolved but now the EirTV package no longer works. 

Can you PLEASE resolve this before the end of day.  I would assume the account has now been changed to the correct phone number but the eir tv has not followed.
    Hi machalla,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. If you would like to PM your account number I can escalate for this to be investigated however I may not have an update until Monday. Alternatively, I would recommend contacting the technical team directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 & they can troubleshoot this further with you this evening & hopefully get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Stacey

I have forwarded details via PM Stacey. 

This is  pure incompetence again in my opinion.  Had we any real alternative to Eir at this point in the vicinity we would be long gone.  I had weeks of this crap last year and here we are all over again.

Still nothing.  As expected.

A formal complaint has been submitted.

I will also lodge a complaint with Comreg if there is not a very prompt response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Still nothing.  As expected.

A formal complaint has been submitted.  

I will also lodge a complaint with Comreg if there is not a very prompt response.
    Hi machalla,

Apologies for the delay, I'll ask Stacey to get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

I managed to get one of the techs to resolve the issue as far as I can tell.  Quite minor, just update the system from what I could tell and do a full restart on the devices. 

Why it took days to get a response on this is why I have a problem with the entire experience.  This has been going on for the most of 2 weeks now with one clownish change after another.  The phone fix (apparently a fault but may just have been back office issues).  The broadband required someone else to change details on the back office system.  The TV required yet someone else to make changes on the backoffice system.  Over the course of a couple of weeks now.

All of this was easily avoided without the aggravation that it has caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I managed to get one of the techs to resolve the issue as far as I can tell.  Quite minor, just update the system from what I could tell and do a full restart on the devices. 

Why it took days to get a response on this is why I have a problem with the entire experience.  This has been going on for the most of 2 weeks now with one clownish change after another.  The phone fix (apparently a fault but may just have been back office issues).  The broadband required someone else to change details on the back office system.  The TV required yet someone else to make changes on the backoffice system.  Over the course of a couple of weeks now.

All of this was easily avoided without the aggravation that it has caused.
    Hi  machalla

I'm very sorry for the delayed response on this however I'm happy to hear you got this resolved. I have also responded to your PM on this in relation to future assistance. 

Apologies again,

Stacey

Advertisement