Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Clane

Options
  • 07-11-2016 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies,

I am currently looking to move to Clane and have been looking at some places including Abbeylands and Yew tree lodge.

Can anyone tell me about these areas and Clane itself? I will be commuting from Clane to Dublin for work and after a brief visit to Clane a few weeks ago I liked the look and feel of it.

Appreciate any thoughts on the area :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Conrad83 wrote: »
    Hi Boardsies,

I am currently looking to move to Clane and have been looking at some places including Abbeylands and Yew tree lodge.

Can anyone tell me about these areas and Clane itself? I will be commuting from Clane to Dublin for work and after a brief visit to Clane a few weeks ago I liked the look and feel of it.

Appreciate any thoughts on the area :)

Thanks!

No experience of those estates in particular, but the town itself isn't bad. Close enough to Dublin, but that also brings the associated issues (traffic etc). However it still has small town benefits (people know you feel, "local spirit")

Good range of shops: Aldi, Lidl a Tesco Metro and a relatively good SuperValu are on door.

You have easy enough access to Naas, Maynooth etc for larger/department stores such as Tesco Extra in Naas/Maynooth and Dunnes (Maynooth). The same routes also give you access to the M4 and M7. The bus service is reasonable, and Sallins rail station is also nearby.

Many areas have Virgin Media coverage so good internet etc shouldn't be an issue, if that's important to you.

Schools aren't considered bad, AFAIK if you have kids etc (though some might have better insight on that sphere).

Advertisement