Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Slam 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I'd like Duzza to make it through.

Unfortunately doesn't look likely now, gone very sloppy.

Assuming Dolan gets knocked out I'd love to see Wade win it

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

TbL
    In fairness Barney has played good so far in the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Was out earlier tonight so.only saw James score against big Ben was it as convincing as it looked?
    Have a fiver on wade @25-1 would love for it to pay off but he always let's me down hahha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

TbL

Wade wouldn't win an argument

In fairness Barney has played good so far in the tournament.

Yea, he used to be my favourite player years ago, but his moaning and terrible attitude really put me off him, such a smooth action and tremendous talent but never seemed to have the mental fortitude to be really really great.

TbL

crasy dash wrote: »
    Was out earlier tonight so.only saw James score against big Ben was it as convincing as it looked?
    Have a fiver on wade @25-1 would love for it to pay off but he always let's me down hahha

Hope it comes in for you but he's 25/1 for a reason :)

TbL

Too many sloppy darts from Duzza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Also didn't have much positive to say about Nopper, seemed a bit mean spirited!

TbL

He was lucky he had the darts in the last leg because it might have been Nopper giving the post match interview instead of him otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is the attendance down on previous years?
    Can't recall if the upper tier was effectively empty in prior renewals but it is so fat this week. May change from tonight on I suppose.

• Advertisement

Can't recall if the upper tier was effectively empty in prior renewals but it is so fat this week. May change from tonight on I suppose.

Should be a good bit fuller for tonight's especially being a Friday.
    Over the best of 31 Dolan could get a hammering from MvG.
    Wright and Taylor should be a close enough match though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Head Wreck wrote: »
    Bigger trebles on Unicorn boards. BDO use Winmau.

This is not true, in fact the trebles on a Winmau Blade 4 are bigger than on a Unicorn Eclipse HD by .06mm.

Have a look here for size comparisons between the two boards:
    http://www.doublefinish.com/showthread.php?905-Dart-boards-BDO-v-PDC-(Winmau-v-Unicorn)

This is a common misconception that stems back from years ago when the BDO were using terrible boards. The difference between the two now is so small that is negligible.

Here is a side by side comparison of the two boards:

Trebles: HD = 8.7mm / Blade 8.76mm
    Doubles: HD = 8.9mm / Blade 8.64mm
    Bull: HD = 11.6mm / Blade = 12.5mm
    Scoring width at it widest point: HD = 47.5mm / Blade = 48.42MM

The Winmau Blade 4 is larger on three out of the four categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't think the Top deck was open during the week. I remember that being the case last year also.

I have to say though that Winmau Blade 4 is a nice board. Any Unicorn I've had in the past has worn out far too soon, even with me moving the segments every so often to keep the main scoring numbers fresh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Darts aren't selling out like they used to.. over saturation I would say.

Darts aren't selling out like they used to.. over saturation I would say.

With the exception of the Worlds I think it's always a bit quieter during the week for PDC Tv tournaments. It's a night out with drinks etc, it's not going to suit people who have work in the morning.

• Advertisement

MvG into the groove early on. Could be a long night for Dolan...or a short night more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Mvg poor on the doubles but averaging 107. Dolan happy to take the money .

They could drop this history maker rubbish

They could drop this history maker rubbish

Yeah..it's a silly name..that was years ago and compared to the history the rest are making of winning trophies all round them it's a bit weak.

Predictably he got stuffed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Good start by Wright, I think he's got this. Taylor doesn't look on it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Long may the trend continue

He looked nervous waiting for the walk on.

Taylor powering his way back into the match with three straight legs before the break. 6-4 to Wright.

Looking like going to the wire now...

Just wondering, has anyone ever got a televised 9 darter against Taylor?

Great 152 checkout by Peter.

Wright should have definitely gone 10-7 up there but screwed up on the doubles.

Wright should have definitely gone 10-7 up there but screwed up on the doubles.

He's steadied the ship again though.

Taylor couldn't even congratulate him properly

Wright wins 16-10. Solid darts by Peter, nothing spectacular apart from a near nine-darter and some good checkouts. He'll have a much tougher time against van Gerwen I fear.

A sarcastic applause and a 'twat' for someone in the crowd when he missed the D20 in the last leg.
    Form is temporary crass is permanent.

• Advertisement

raiders11 wrote: »
    Taylor couldn't even congratulate him properly

Yeah saw that. Putting away his darts before shaking Wright's hand. Would expect nothing less from him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wright 4th in world with Taylor 5th now obviously MVG and Ando ahead of them but who else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

paulie21 wrote: »
    Wright 4th in world with Taylor 5th now obviously MVG and Ando ahead of them but who else?

It's Lewis believe it or not.

Yeah saw that. Putting away his darts before shaking Wright's hand. Would expect nothing less from him though.

Even, when the match got tight, he was trying stir the crowd while Wright was throwing..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

If he can improve on double 10 he'll give MVG a game. Hope he wins it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

paulie21 wrote: »

It'll be Wright 3, Taylor 4, Lewis 5 when the rankings are recalced on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Snipe23

I would love if some player take the board down after beating Taylor and ask him to sign it the reaction would be priceless I reckon.

How long before Phil retieres? Can't see him winning anything again, I think he knows that now too?

Dobey and Barney both to win and hit most 180s is showing nice odds

How long before Phil retieres? Can't see him winning anything again, I think he knows that now too?

Dobey and Barney both to win and hit most 180s is showing nice odds

Cannot see Dobey beating Wade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Snipe23 wrote: »
    I would love if some player take the board down after beating Taylor and ask him to sign it the reaction would be priceless I reckon.

Maybe some players should start and donate the proceeds to charity the way Phil does.

There are a lot of things he does to give out about but this one always annoys me. You'd swear he was doing it for fun and had the 500 boards tucked away in the garage.

mdwexford wrote:
    There are a lot of things he does to give out about but this one always annoys me. You'd swear he was doing it for fun and had the 500 boards tucked away in the garage.

He doesn't do it after a loss, that's the problem I think. He gives the board to a kid in the crowd too, not charity.

Fire blazing food and booze in sitting on the sofa bring on the darts!!!!

Hope Dobey pushes James and hopefully the real Barney comes out later that could be an absolute cracker with Gary.

Fire blazing food and booze in sitting on the sofa bring on the darts!!!!

Hope Dobey pushes James and hopefully the real Barney comes out later that could be an absolute cracker with Gary.

Fire blazing ere too but trying watch France v Aussies in the rugby, the Madrid derby and the darts in a few mins, not easy:D

Unlucky there for Chris good start by both players Wade looks very relaxed so far though.

Unlucky there for Chris good start by both players Wade looks very relaxed so far though.

Not Wade's biggest fan but one has to hand it to him, very consistent over the years.

• Advertisement

Dobey is very wayward on some shots.

Dobey the donkey. Just lost my pub money. Heads wrecked! Should I lump tomorrows pub money on Barney to make it back

Hard to say Barney looks in fine form this week.you just never bloody know with him though.

Both players gone a bit sloppy and then Chris does that 152

They should scrap breaks after 15 legs...play to end from there. In all liklihood only one more to be played here when they're back.
    A few less betting ads is no bad thing either.

Et voila.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement