Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins - new development

Options
  • 07-11-2016 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about the new development in Sallins which started a couple of years back? Willouise? It seems to have stalled on building and auctioneer had advised the next phase was to launch in Summer but there is still no movement, last phase seems to be reasonably priced but no doubt the next phase will not be the same!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the prices seem very reasonable, there have been some questions asked about flooding and river distance. Sallins traffic can be a nightmare but overall it seems decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Iv been in the show house. Good quality finish but small rooms in general. Maybe compare your cost per square metre compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Conrad83

Thanks guys, does anyone have any idea on when building is due to recommence as it seems to have stopped over a year ago with no signs of movement yet apparently next phase is being released 'shortly'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Problems with sewage planning permission stopped it apparently. Not sure if they've been resolved. The houses are tiny inside though, with zero garden space out the back. Wouldn't be for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

This 'Willouise' development - where exactly is it? I live in Millbank.

I'm just curious because I happened to look at daft.ie the other day and it seems to be located between the lidl and the canal. Like there certainly is a bit of land there that could be used, but I can't see any sign of development at all. I walked by it earlier this evening, and if that's where it's to be, it's a bit non existent.

Unless the location is actually up nearer oldbridge station. But that is hardly overlooking the canal like it says on daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's opposite the entrance to Sallins Wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

coffeepls wrote: »
    This 'Willouise' development - where exactly is it? I live in Millbank.

Take a stroll down along the path where the barges are moored and keep going. You come to Willouise on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Johner wrote: »
    It's opposite the entrance to Sallins Wood.

Ah cheers!! My god daft.ie have got their location marked badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Estate naming alone would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Any update on this estate? Drove by a few weeks back but doesn't look like there's much happening. They are pretty small alright but I don't need big!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I go by most days in the car, there seems to have been some slow progress starting up again with the builders in the last two/three weeks. Hopefully, this means the planning issues are solved and things should get moving again in Jan.

Paddy

Thanks paddy, I'm just dying to get inside them to see if I should still keep looking at them as an option or scrap it off the list.

lemmno wrote: »
    Thanks paddy, I'm just dying to get inside them to see if I should still keep looking at them as an option or scrap it off the list.

Apparently not launching now until spring/summer.. constantly delaying on this development when planning that was re submitted was granted in August.. makes you wonder what all the delays are 🙄

Still no real movement here or any sign of the next phase launching, every time I phone EA it seems to be pushed back with no reason given. I suspect the builders are being smart and watching the property prices rise until they launch. Has anyone heard what the delays are here when planning was granted last August and I was told building and/or next phase was to commence in October?

And updates on this?

New phase launched with the previous 2 bed apartments that were on sale for €130k in 1st phase and €160k in 2nd phase now increased to €215k for one LESS bedroom.

€215k (and upwards) for a pokey 600 sq foot 1 bed apartment, outside of Dublin seems extortionate, even in the current market.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Conrad83 wrote: »
    New phase launched with the previous 2 bed apartments that were on sale for €130k in 1st phase and €160k in 2nd phase now increased to €215k for one LESS bedroom.

€215k for 55 sq metres... €4k per square metre. Yikes

Wow, that’s madness. Two bed apartments in Naas going for less than that, without the risk of the canal (floods/rodents) to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I knew someone who lived in one of the ground floor apartments. It was small, really, it's a flat: one bedroom, fine for a bachelor or one couple. Well-built and very warm.
    The canal runs nearby, pleasant trees and scenery: there was no problem at all with rodents or anything like that: a nice handy walk to the village and the pub.
    My friends moved on because they needed a bigger house with more bedrooms and garden for family.
    Prices have gone shooting up, I think because there is demand for these where you can catch a train to Dublin for work. Still quite a nice place to live, if it fits your needs, in my opinion.

Advertisement