Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resigning after 3 weeks

Options
  • 07-11-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I quit my job today after being there for a couple of weeks. I was in way over my head in a job I was completely unsuited to. The problem is I was unemployed before I got this job and I just grabbed the first job that cam along to get me off social welfare. I know the social welfare will disqualify me from payment for 9 weeks for resigning but could there be any other repercussions eg reduced/no payment even after the 9 weeks? I'm really stressing out about going back into them so soon, but I genuinely couldn't do the job. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Just be absolutely truthful. You went for a job you weren't able to do because you don't have the skills/experience.
    No problem your claim will be restarted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Can you get a letter from the company saying they let you go due to unsuitability?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Can you get a letter from the company saying they let you go due to unsuitability?

They didn't let the OP go, the OP resigned. OP, what reasons did you give your employer for resigning?

Advertisement