Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding another external sounder

Options
  • 07-11-2016 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,
    thanks to some great advice I've gotten my alarm system up and running. However I've run into a problem this week when trying to add another external sounder to the rear of my house. It's the same type as the front, HKC Saab, and I have wired it according to the instructions that came with the sounder. Now I am constantly getting a bell tamper error and the alarm won't arm while the error is present. after reading up a little on here I saw that I could temporarily fool the system by placing an rk47 across points 16 & 17 in the panel. This did work and cleared the bell tamper fault but when I try to arm the system I get a fault on the keypad that just says "Fuse". The only way to get rid of it is to take the rk47 from points 16 & 17 on the panel.
    I'm hoping someone can tell me where I'm going wrong and why I'm getting a bell tamper fault. As far as I can see all the wiring is correct, the bell tamper sensors (that senses the cover being removed) are both working correctly.
    I only have a ladder up to 11am tomorrow (8/11) so after that it will be difficult for me to access the bell boxes.
    Any advice would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What way is all the wiring?
    Bell +
    Bell -
    Strobe +
    Strobe -
    All wired in parallel to both.
    BHO & Tamper Return wired in series with 1 4k7 resistor.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Elothar

Hi Koolkid,

I've attached the wiring diagram that came with the bell box. I have the two external sounders wired up exactly like this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That looks fine also.
    For now try wire a resistor across BHO & Tamper Return and also wire the 2 bell hold off cables into BHO terminal also.

Hi Koolkid,

I tried adding a resistor (rk47) on the panel between points 16 & 17 as well as running a wire from SAAB 1 BHO to the BHO on the control panel. That did clear the bell tamper but just like when I'd added a resistor before I'm getting a "fuse" error when I try and arm the system. Will have to drop the ladder back in an hour (11.30) so any advice before then would be brilliant. Otherwise I'm just gonna take the 2nd SAAB off the system though still leave power to it so the LED's flash.

KoolKid wrote: »
    That looks fine also.
    For now try wire a resistor across BHO & Tamper Return and also wire the 2 bell hold off cables into BHO terminal also.

Have you a meter to check all the fuses in the panel?

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid,

I do have a multimeter, i bought one last week, but I aint had a chance to learn how to use it yet. I had to drop the ladder back so before I did I put the 2nd siren on LED'S only. Won't have a ladder now for a few weeks at least.

Advertisement