Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

company has registered itself to my address??!

Options
  • 07-11-2016 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, bit of a strange one so wasn't sure where to post!

I've been renting my house for 6 years (since 2010). Just myself & my partner & son living here with me. I recently took it into my head to do some research on the history of the house, so of course I googled it first before doing anything else.
    One of the first results was to a company check website (solocheck), saying a company was registered to my house.
    Initially thought it must've been someone who lived here before me, but I took a quick look at the page & it was only set up in 2011. Strange.
    Looked a bit closer & the registered address of this company was changed in June of this year - changed to my address?!
    In September this year the company requested a voluntary strike-off - after it's address had been changed to my address.

Neither myself or my partner have anything to do with this company (and my son certainly hasn't, he's 4!). I haven't asked my landlord yet but I doubt it's him, nobody of his name is on there. We haven't got any unusual post in recently about it. I'm wondering, has this happened to anyone before?

Is this a thing that small companies sometimes do if they're not going great & are winding up - change the address to something that has nothing to do with them or their members so they are harder to trace or something?
    Should I be worried about this?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

You can find out who the directors are for free;

Google the company name and results will include company search websites, these are fee paying however some of the free information given are director names

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Could it be that your landlord is a director/owner of the company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

It is unlikely that there is anything financially ‘funny’ going on, because (you state) the request is for a voluntary strike-off. Under the new Companies Act (2014) a company may be voluntarily struck off provided it has no assets or liabilities i.e. the balance sheet is zero.

It’s not your house. You are a renter. A company being registered there does not affect your tenancy. If you get any mail (which you should as it’s the company’s registered address tell the landlord. Where is the problem?

Advertisement