Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would your Recommend for heating a Room

Options
  • 08-11-2016 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi folks i have a sitting room it has one large radiator in it but its not enough and the room does feel cold any ideas what sort of heating i could get until i ever get round to another radiator ?

Have heard of storage heaters any advice appreciated at all thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

A one off storage heater would be bad value imo. Getting a dual tariff Meter etc lots of work

Cheap option is a dimplex panel heater with a timer.

Something a little better with oil storage

http://www.electricheaters.ie/?gclid=CMOA_o-l688CFcG37QodthwODQ

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

What about replacing the existing radiator with a higher output one? At least you're spending money on a final solution, rather than sinking money into a temporary...
    Also, any chance you could optimise the heating system e.g. maybe the other radiators are taking excessive heat, and a simple re-balancing would help, or power flush?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i know the room needs another radiator on the other wall because the single radiator is not strong enough even though the radiator is roasting.

Never heard of a higher out put radiator ?

Guess ill have to find a plumber ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

what is the point in spending a decent bit on an electric radiator, that costs a lot to run, that is a short term measure?!

perhaps just change the current rad for a double rad etc or if finances allow, run a new rad to another location to spread the heat better around the room (assuming the room actually is that big)

I have just seen Dardanias post, spot on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

torrevieja wrote:

I just took a 1kw electric heater off my house, it 3 years old but very little use. I'd the garage turned into a gym. It was great to hear it up quickly, convenient.

I had to have my amtico floor taken up and put back down again. I took the time to dig the floor out a put in a radiator as its a better job.

But you are welcome to the panel heater. PM me if you want it. Going up on free stuff when I get around to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

torrevieja wrote: »

Yes a longer one, or one the same length as existing one but a double one instead, if the one you have is a single.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

can anybody recommend were i might get this from and who could install it thanks :)

Advertisement