Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchscreen, mouse and keyboard not working - now wifi stopped as well

Options
  • 08-11-2016 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi i I have a medion akoya s6213. Touchpad keyboard and touchscreen all stopped working a few weeks back. I was able to use laptop using a remote mouse app on my phone. Until ...

Whilst updating the drivers the wireless (wifi) adatpter has stopped during a restart and now i cannot use laptop at all.

I have tried using F2 and F9 to find ways of turning on any of the above but no luck. Wireless adapter is not an option in F2.Ironically the mouse and keyboard work when in there tho!!

A restore point i took before doing the driver updates also fails when i try to restore from it.

Tried using netsh commands from within command window in one of the recovery options but that doesnt work either.

If i get wifi going again i believe issue is simply to enable touchscreen mouse and keyboard in usb devices in device manager.

If i cannot get wifi going my last resort seems to be restore back to factory settings but trying to resist that for now.

Any pointers please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Derby1

I seem to have exhausted all options. Last chance saloon is to find the command that will turn on the wifi adaoter from within the command prompt in the recovery option.

I can use some netsh comands. Anyone know what mefion call their wireless adapter so i can see if i can turn it on

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

You might try the Medion support email

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/contact/?type=email

Advertisement