Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media & SIRO gone live in wexford

Options
  • 08-11-2016 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Virgin Media has gone live in the main town in Enniscorthy, with work continuing out the Shannon and Bellefield. I know for a fact Weafer Street is fully live, if you're wondering just check your address on their website but keep your eyes peeled because they are covering the entire town, that's 360mbps broadband, fastest we'll see till SIRO or Eir's FTTH comes our way. They are currently laying down lines by Toss Kavanagh's. Poor Tom Kelly can't park his taxi outside his shop :p

And in Wexford Town SIRO is being rolled out, which offers 1GB/s. If you're interested in high speed broadband keep an eye here we can post and updates to service going live in Co. Wexford.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

All virgin media services are being rolled out in enniscorthy I should say, not just the internet. I'm having it installed today so I will let you know what is involved. I believe up till now it was only possible gor certain areas in the town to get basic TV, like in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Edups wrote: »
    All virgin media services are being rolled out in enniscorthy I should say, not just the internet. I'm having it installed today so I will let you know what is involved. I believe up till now it was only possible gor certain areas in the town to get basic TV, like in wexford

JCA who posts here has the broadband already with Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I'm living in Newtown Road on the outskirts of Wexford town. Just had a knock on the door from Vodafone to say SIRO will be available on 22nd of this month, I believe the service will be available from themselves and carnsore broadband. Currently with Vodafone and their service has been brutal for the past year though to be fair that's on the old Eir copper network. Does anyone have any experience with Carnsore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Surprised sales man was mentioning competition that's fairy odd :s

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Edups wrote: »
    Surprised sales man was mentioning competition that's fairy odd :s

They didn't mention carnsore, I'm just aware that both service providers are coming on stream in the area

• Advertisement
Advertisement