Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows tablet recommendations

• 08-11-2016 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I am interested in buying a windows tablet. Something to replace my iPad, I will use it for browsing and possibly some work applications (MS word, excel) but I can do any real work on my desktop. iPad has poor support for many of the web applications I use.

Has anyone had any experience with these tablets? Don't want to spend over the top but would be willing to pay for good quality.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I bought a Xioami Mi Pad 2 for just under €300 a few months back. Really nice device and you can get a version that runs windows 10 or Android (I chose Windows 10). Its similar in size to the ipad air (I think is the model?) and it looks like an Apple device build wise.
    Just make sure if you buy any tablets outside of europe there will be customs duty on it, so factor this cost into account.

Finally will move this to the tablet forum for you where it is best suited.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ArchResearch

yoyo wrote: »
    I bought a Xioami Mi Pad 2 for just under €300 a few months back. Really nice device and you can get a version that runs windows 10 or Android (I chose Windows 10). Its similar in size to the ipad air (I think is the model?) and it looks like an Apple device build wise.
    Just make sure if you buy any tablets outside of europe there will be customs duty on it, so factor this cost into account.

Finally will move this to the tablet forum for you where it is best suited.

Nick

Thanks Nick, I'll have a look!

Advertisement