Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems leaving Eir.

Options
  • 08-11-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi there. I've got an ongoing issue with Eir... It started when we requested to switch to another provider. Two days later a courier came to the door looking to collect a package. He didn't know what it was.

Turned out when I contacted air, it was the modem, although we had 5-6 weeks to run on our contract - all billed by Eir.

I have repeatedly asked Eir to collect the modem, and was told they would, it's still here waiting at the front door. 

Eir have billed us for the modem now. 

I am not happy to pay for something they simply have not bothered to collect.

Now Eir applied a charge to our account for 'unpaid direct debit fee'. I'm very to pay any charge that is legitimate on the closed account but not this outrageous fee, or pay for a modem that was 'free' with the package we signed up to and I have repeatedly made available to return to Eir.

I am hoping this can be resolved without comReg or the small claims court. Any suggestions or help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Garrett68 wrote: »
    Hi there. I've got an ongoing issue with Eir... It started when we requested to switch to another provider. Two days later a courier came to the door looking to collect a package. He didn't know what it was.

Turned out when I contacted air, it was the modem, although we had 5-6 weeks to run on our contract - all billed by Eir.

I have repeatedly asked Eir to collect the modem, and was told they would, it's still here waiting at the front door. 

Now Eir applied a charge to our account for 'unpaid direct debit fee'. I'm very to pay any charge that is legitimate on the closed account but not this outrageous fee, or pay for a modem that was 'free' with the package we signed up to and I have repeatedly made available to return to Eir.

I am hoping this can be resolved without comReg or the small claims court. Any suggestions or help much appreciated

You should go to come now cause this will escalate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Garrett68

horse7 wrote: »

You should go to come now cause this will escalate.
    Thank you, when you say it will escalate, are you meaning they will continue to add arbitrary fees to the account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Garrett68,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]When closing an account you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here eir T&C's. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have not already returned in can you send this to the freepost address below - [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Returns [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]PO Box 12726 [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Freepost [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dublin 11[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once you have popped this in the post PM me your account number & I can remove both charges from your account.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Thank you for your response Pamela

Returning it this way, unlike your courier collecting it as discussed with Eir previously, I won't have any receipt for the item? 

And presumably I would need to mark the item as relating to our account – otherwise your recipient won't know where it has originated from.

You'll forgive me being a little cautious, I have very little faith left in the procedures of the company!

Thank you for your response Pamela

Returning it this way, unlike your courier collecting it as discussed with Eir previously, I won't have any receipt for the item? 

And presumably I would need to mark the item as relating to our account – otherwise your recipient won't know where it has originated from.

You'll forgive me being a little cautious, I have very little faith left in the procedures of the company!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand that [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Garrett68,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]you would need to put your account number on the modem. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once you have it posted just let me know & I will have the charges removed.  [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I don't need proof of purchase, I'll take your word for it.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] :D[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela

Modem is posted today, thank you.
    I'll PM you account details. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi Pamela

Modem is posted today, thank you.
    I'll PM you account details. 
    Hi Garrett68

Thanks for this. Pamela is out of the office today. If you would like to PM me the account number I can arrange this. 

Thanks,

Stacey

Hi Stacey or Pamela

I've tried you by PM to find out if this has all been concluded properly, can you let me know please?
    It would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Hi Stacey or Pamela

I've tried you by PM to find out if this has all been concluded properly, can you let me know please?
    It would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Garrett68,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Stacey has advised me she has got back to you on this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know it is sorted. However this morning we've received a letter from a company called 'Arvato'.

They say they have been engaged by Eircom and that we still owe €78.44 and seeking a payment (to them rather than you if I understand correctly). Would you be able to advise them that this is incorrect please?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

Lodge a complaint with comreg , and apply to the small claims court ' coz eir are a compleat mess with a capital M.

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know it is sorted. However this morning we've received a letter from a company called 'Arvato'.

They say they have been engaged by Eircom and that we still owe €78.44 and seeking a payment (to them rather than you if I understand correctly). Would you be able to advise them that this is incorrect please?

Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Garrett68,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We have arranged for this balance to be recalled & Arvato's systems updated. I'm afraid it can take up to 21 days for this information to reflect & this is why you have received this letter. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. [/font]

Advertisement