Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Solicitors fees

• 08-11-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ive been to court for maintenance arrears. I was awarded 12000 euro at the end which has recently been paid to my Solicitor. He never notified me of this but called me in to discuss fees. He never mentioned fees to me throughout the case. At the start he quoted me 300 plus vat for representing me the first day in court which I paid. We have since been in court six times. He told me the fees are up to 5000 but never gave me a bill. I didnt agree with him and asked him for an itemised bill and he told me he will send it to me but it will take a few days. Should he not have this ready for me before now? And if he quoted me 300 plus vat for the first time, should it be six times that? I understand there are other fees like letters he sent and phonecalls and stuff, when I asked him how much he charges Everytime I come in to talk to him he said 300 euro, I think he was just making up figures on the spot. He says if I'm not happy with this we can send it off to be taxed but was trying to scare me saying that if we did that it would end up being more than what he has come up with. He still hasn't givin me a bill but says the barrister( which was only starting off I'd say) was charging 2000 and he was charging 3000. Does this sound right? Any advise is much appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,457 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no need to post in multiple forums

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement