Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp Survey or Builder - Which First ??

Options
  • 08-11-2016 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Morning all
    I did ask this question before but didn't get an answer...so I'm trying again !.
    Detached house with full wall built-in wardrobes in upstairs bedroom at gable end (chimney behind wardrobes). En-suite on same wall with small velux window and extractor fan vented to facia. There was mould on en-suite angled roof...which I cleaned/treated and painted with anti-mould. Also damp smell and some (small) mould in wardrobe. I drilled holes in wardrobe base and put vent covers. Also got roof seen to...and guy said there were issues with velux drain and around chimney...and all now resolved. Apparently.
    We're not 100% sure...we've washed all clothes and cleaned wardrobes...but not convinced.
    I'd like to get it checked...but don't want a builder diagnosing on the basis of what he can do. I'd prefer some independent "damp" surveyor first telling me if/what the issue is...then I can arrange someone to fix it. Does this sound reasonable...and are there companies/contractors who could do this for me ?. I'm in Dublin...and sorry for long post !.
    Thanks,
    K

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    I'd prefer some independent "damp" surveyor first telling me if/what the issue is...then I can arrange someone to fix it. Does this sound reasonable...and are there companies/contractors who could do this for me ?.
    K
    yes.
    Get a damp meter. ~50€
    Could also be excess moisture forming on cold walls/ceiling

Insulation + heat + minimising internal moisture = avoid mould

Advertisement