Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this a good deal?

Options
  • 08-11-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

Xbox 500gb with Kinect + 3 Games - 250 euro

it's for my sisters kids - ages 9 / 7 / 4 so kinect will be used for the sports and dance games

my opinion is that it's reasonable deal - just wanted to get some other opinions..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ablelocks wrote: »
    Xbox 500gb with Kinect + 3 Games - 250 euro

it's for my sisters kids - ages 9 / 7 / 4 so kinect will be used for the sports and dance games

my opinion is that it's reasonable deal - just wanted to get some other opinions..

I'd get the One S personally but that's an ok price for that bundle if they want a Kinnect and those games. It's available from Argos UK for £199 or €223 using Revolut as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

and courtesy of suckit in the BA forum, it's available from Microsoft UK with delivery to Ireland for 199 pounds too. must be a bit of a general discount on the older bundles as Tesco have reductions too...

link to MS UK bundle offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd get the One S personally but that's an ok price for that bundle if they want a Kinnect and those games. It's available from Argos UK for £199 or €223 using Revolut as well.

can I ask how you use revolut?

Do you do a calculation on £ to euro and then add that amount to your card?

What if its wrong ?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

can I ask how you use revolut?

Do you do a calculation on £ to euro and then add that amount to your card?

What if its wrong ?

DT

You can use the conversion rate inside the app. By opening the transfer window, even without any money deposited, you can calculate how many euro you need to get so and so pounds. When you have a number, you deposit the euro and then convert right away, and you should get exactly the amount you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

JoyPad wrote: »
    You can use the conversion rate inside the app. By opening the transfer window, even without any money deposited, you can calculate how many euro you need to get so and so pounds. When you have a number, you deposit the euro and then convert right away, and you should get exactly the amount you want.

and then you use the card number to buy as normal (even the electronic one ) ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty decent deals on the older console now, I see Argos have the 1TB model with The Division and Gears of War 4 for €249. Hard to argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Yes, its pretty easy, I have actually been using it for regular stuff now, not just buying games in foreign markets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Yes, its pretty easy, I have actually been using it for regular stuff now, not just buying games in foreign markets

I have requested and received the physical card, and I'm using it regularly in the shops in Northern Ireland. That's in addition to my trips to South America!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I may have a reservation code for this bundle for Argos in Portlaoise - I'll know in the morning for definite. First to PM will get it if it becomes available....

Advertisement